simochi deck

Discussion in 'Traditional Format Decks (YGO)' started by mmik21, Aug 9, 2007.

1. mmik21

mmik21 New Member

I needed to turn my simochi deck into a traditional deck, and this is what I came up with. Thanks goes to exiledforcefreak for inspiring me.

monsters:

burning algae x 3
    maneater bug x 2
    cat of ill omen x 2
    sangan
    witch of the black forest
    cyber jar

traps:
    bad reaction to simochi x3
    fake trap x 3
    acid trap hole
    gravity bind
    magic jammer
    secret barrel x 2

spells:

the shallow grave x 2
    book of taiyou x 2
    upstart goblin x 3
    rain of mercy x 3
    snatch steal
    lightening vortex
    pot of greed
    graceful charity
    mystical space typhoon
    card destruction
    swords of revealing light
    reload x 2

This deck is going through a small tournament friday. Any ideas? I think I need a side-deck, but I don't know what I'd pull out of my deck to stick something else in. I pulled 3 pulling the rug s last night, so I guess I'll side-deck those. This deck hates monarchs. Pulling the rug won't work on jinzo, right? I can side-deck a horn of heaven, but maybe I should just stick that in my deck instead.
  2. Oceanus

Oceanus New Member

You need three "Gift Card"s from anyone with TAEV, might scout them out at the tourney.
  3. Dillie-O

Dillie-O Council of Heroes

You might try swapping out the Book of Taiyous for a pair of Poison of the Old Man. You have the option of burn or heal, and it'll help move the damage along faster.
  4. mmik21

mmik21 New Member

Gift card is actually the card I currently want more than any other. With it I could switch my deck back to advanced.

The poison card wouldn't be a good replacement for book. Since it seems you don't realize what I'm doing with the deck, I'll explain:

cyber jar, shallow grave it, book to flip it back up right away.

This lets me get all of the healing/damage cards in my hand right away, and typically lets me end the game with secret barrel. (I only have 2, or I'd put a third in my deck.)
  5. darkriku19

darkriku19 professional gamer

i went to my sneak preview and i actually couldnt find anyone that got gift card.
  6. mmik21

mmik21 New Member

Oh. They don't give all the cards at the sneak peak, do they? I don't actually know how they work.. Do you just get the packs early?

Is the rarity of giftcard known?
  7. EmeraldDragon

EmeraldDragon Bringer of Doom

Giftcard is common. Seems to be short print too by the look of things.