Inferno Reckless Summoning

Discussion in 'Rules Questions (YGO)' started by frostmonarch, Feb 20, 2006.

1. frostmonarch

frostmonarch New Member

Can I activate Inferno Reckless Summoning (IRS) when I special summon a light monster (1500 atk or less) when my Shining Angel is destroyed in Battle? The reason I ask this, is because I know that a player can not activate Solemn Judgment, BTH, etc. in response to this kind of special summon in the damage step, and I wondered if IRS (being a quickplay) had the same kind of restriction.

Thanks
  2. BenjaminMS

BenjaminMS The Kozaky show

Don't know for sure, but think so... (There are no rules on it yet :()

*glibbers through Frostmonarch's hands*
  3. Dillie-O

Dillie-O Council of Heroes

You've got it right. You're still in the "resolve effects" portion of the damage step, so you are only able to activate ATK/DEF modifying traps or [ycard="PSV-EN024"]Appropriate[/ycard] counter traps.
  4. FallenAngel

FallenAngel Formally known as .:TDK:.

All I have to say is that 2 cards will dominate over others with this card, proto [ycard="CRV-EN015"]Cyber Dragon[/ycard] and [ycard="TLM-EN030"]Batteryman AA[/ycard].

FA
  5. Jason_C

Jason_C Banned

[ycard="PGD-057"]Newdoria[/ycard], [ycard="DR2-EN143"]Goblin King[/ycard], [ycard="SKE-021"]Mystic Tomato[/ycard], [ycard="PGD-056"]Dark Jeroid[/ycard], [ycard="LOD-EN005"]Winged Minion[/ycard].

:D
  6. John Danker

John Danker Administrator

I believe there is already another thread started with the possibilities of [ycard="DP2-EN025"]Inferno Reckless Summon[/ycard] and it's great potential. You might find it interesting.
  7. skey23

skey23 Council of Heroes

For those who are interested, here is the response I got back from Curtis about "[ycard="DP2-EN025"]Inferno Reckless Summon[/ycard]" during the Damage Step.
    Very interesting...lol.
  8. Digital Jedi

Digital Jedi Administrator Staff Member

No way! If Konami maks this card playable during the Damage Step, then it will be beyond broken. And it'll be short order before we're sick of seeing it.
  9. DaGuyWitBluGlasses

DaGuyWitBluGlasses New Member

You may not manually create additional chains in any one sub-step of the damage step.

So unless there are cards that summon monsters without using the chain in the damage step, there is no possibility of activating [ycard="DP2-EN025"]Inferno Reckless Summon[/ycard]ing.

However if you summon a monster that has a trigger effect when special summoned, there may be the possibility of Chaining [ycard="DP2-EN025"]Inferno Reckless Summon[/ycard]ing to that card.

Now are there any cards like that summonable by [ycard="SRL-EN088"]Shining Angel[/ycard]?
  10. masterwoo0

masterwoo0 NINJA4LIFE

I think if the answer were as easy as that, Curtis would have told us no, and not left us with such an ominous reply.
  11. DaGuyWitBluGlasses

I gathered taht Curtis though it would normally think that it would not be able to be activated in the damage step at all.

But the reason there is doubt because it might be able to activate in the damage step...

But if that turns out to be able to be activated in the damage step, you are not going to be able to manually start another chain with it.

But Curtis, Steve, Dan, and Kevin will not give out "XOR" answers.

I.E they will not say "either its not activated in the damage step at all, or else it can only be activated in these special circumstances"

They would only give the answer once they know which one it is.
  12. Cropz

Cropz New Member

there are no cards that can be activated during the damage step only under "special circunstances", '[ycard="DP2-EN025"]Inferno Reckless Summon[/ycard]' can't be used during the Damage Step, and I don't know what makes you doubt that.
  13. masterwoo0

masterwoo0 NINJA4LIFE

Unless you know more than Curtis does at this juncture, he didnt seem to agree with your point of view, and he is our Rulings "Expert".
  14. Cropz

Cropz New Member

and does Curtis clear these kind of things up until Konami says so?
    how long did it take for him to confirm the '[ycard="CRV-EN039"]Miracle Fusion[/ycard]'/Substitutes thing?
  15. John Danker

Oh man....never say never in Yugioh.
    You can't activate an effect in the middle of a resolving chain......and along came the Archfiends....you get the idea.

You never know in this game when a rule, mechanic, etc. is going to change or there will be an exception to the rule. I've learned this the hard way.
  16. Cropz

Cropz New Member

you still can't.
    the Archfiends' die-rolling effect is Continuous, you're not "activating" anything, the effect is exactly like something like '[ycard="DB2-EN137"]Freed the Matchless General[/ycard]': "when the effect start resolving, negate it", but instead of negating it right away, you roll a die to see if you'll be able to negate it.
  17. John Danker

I justly standed corrected and my wording was poor....better worded I should have said....it was long thought that you can't add to a resolving chain....and along came Archfiends (and of course additional other effects that can become active in the middle of a chain)

I never have learned to watch my wording carefully <sigh> Thanks for the correction.
  18. novastar

novastar New Member

The real mystery is [ycard="TP5-EN002"]Big Shield Gardna[/ycard] (and [ycard="TLM-EN024"]Mid Shield Gardna[/ycard]).

Those are unique Triggers, that functionally should not work.

They activate while the card is face-down, and piggyback on top of the current activated effect.
  19. DaGuyWitBluGlasses

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/yugioh/en/faq_card_rulings.aspx?first=A&last=A
    ARCHFIENDS
    The following rulings apply to "[ycard="DCR-067"]Vilepawn Archfiend[/ycard]", "[ycard="DCR-070"]Desrook Archfiend[/ycard]", "[ycard="DR1-EN230"]Shadowknight Archfiend[/ycard]", "[ycard="DR1-EN231"]Darkbishop Archfiend[/ycard]", "[ycard="DCR-071"]Infernalqueen Archfiend[/ycard]", "[ycard="DCR-072"]Terrorking Archfiend[/ycard]", and "[ycard="DCR-073"]Skull Archfiend of Lightning[/ycard]".

The effect of rolling a die for an Archfiend is a Trigger Effect.
  20. Cropz

Cropz New Member

a Trigger Effect that can't be chained to... I'm inclined towards not trusting that ruling :p