1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

chains in response to your opponent wishing to end a phase

Discussion in 'Rules Questions (YGO)' started by exiledforcefreak, Feb 28, 2005.

1. exiledforcefreak

exiledforcefreak RIP Jacob KT 2/16/06

when you end a phase you pass priority to your opponent...

However, If my opponent wishes to enter his/her main phase 1 may I activate Ojama trio and then, after the chain resolves, initiate another chain by activating compulsory evacuation device in response to the resolution of the previous chain or do I not have that opportunity?

I ask this because of an old game mechanic, which has since been abolished, that stated that only one chain could occur per attack during the attack step
  2. Digital Jedi

Digital Jedi Administrator Staff Member

All of this depends on whether your opponent chooses to pass on the chain or not. Yes you can activate Ojama Trio when they enter thier Main Phase. You can activate it at thier Draw Phase. Or thier Standby Phase and they can respond with thier traps as long as all the traps involved were set on a previous turn. You activate Ojama Trio if your opponent passe on the chain you then chain Compulsory to your own Ojama. Just keep in mind that Ojama's activation had to be timed correctly (i.e. three free monsters zones at the time of activation) for the chain to even resolve properly.
  3. exiledforcefreak

in the example above I forgot to mention that I was going first and It was my first turn. Also, for those you you wondering why I would even WANT to do what I describes in the example of the above post... SO I CAN ACTIVATE A 2ND OJAMA TRIO AND FILL UP ALL 5 OF MY OPPONENT'S MONSTER CARD ZONES.

You can not activate ojama trio and chain compulsory evacuation device to your own Ojama trio to get rid of one of the Ojama tokens because Ojama trio has not resoved yet.

activation

Chain link 1 Ojama Trio
    Chain link 2 Cumpulsory evactuation device (illegal activation)

you can not activate Compulsory Evacuation device because there are no monsters on the field

Resolution

Chain link 2... there is nothing on the field to return which means Compulsory evacuation device was activated illegally. Compulsory evacuation device is returned to it's face down position.
    Chain Link 1 Ojama Trio Resolves special summoning 3 Ojama Tokens on my opponent's side of the field
  4. skey23

skey23 Council of Heroes

So in essence, in order to pull off the double 'Ojama Trio' field lock, you will need to start 3 separate chains.

1st chain, activate 1st 'Ojama Trio' during opponent's draw phase.
    2nd chain, activate 'Compulsory Evacuation Device' when opponent moves into Standby Phase'.
    3rd chain, activate 2nd 'Ojama Trio' when opponent moves into Main Phase 1.

That should work provided the opponent doesn't chain anything to stop you.
  5. Digital Jedi

Okay, I didn't realize what you were trying to do. Presuming there are no other monsters on your opponents side of the field then, no, of course you can't creat a legal chain here.

But to achieve what were trying is very simple (althoiiugh still a little situatuional)

Activate Ojama Trio at his Draw Phase.
    Activate Compulsory at his Standby Phase
    If his first action at his Main Phase is to set a S/T activate a second Ojama Trio

I've never found a chain that works practically with Ojama Trio. You pretty much just have to let it resolve and wait for your next opportunity.
  6. Raigekick

Raigekick New Member

You can activate all cards before your opponent leaves Standby Phase because any Phase can't end until both players decides not to activate any cards anymore.

So, you can start a chain with Ojama Trio, ask your opponent to chain, then let it resolves. Then if your oppenent wants to leave Standby Phase, then don't let him yet because you are activating CED, ask your opponent to chain, then let it resolves. Then if your oppenent wants to leave Standby Phase, then don't let him yet again because you want to activate your second Ojama Trio.
  7. Digital Jedi

Thats true. You can just activate each card seperatly in your opponents stanby phase and let each one resolve seperatly before you move on.
  8. exiledforcefreak

Look up Hueristic in a psychology text book and stop using them please :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

@Raigekick - thx, just wanted some confirmation on if that was legal
  9. Digital Jedi

You mean Heuristic. And that is observation was not based on simply experience. The ability to activate a Trap during any of you opponents phases or (yours for that matter) is an established game rule not something that I ascertained from casual gameplay without really looking it up. And if your coming to these forums and telling people not use Heuristics to explain certain situations then you learn nothing. Only through the experiences of others will you gain undrestanding.

Or did I misaplly the meaning of Heuristic?
  10. exiledforcefreak

lol, yes. Did you look it up in a dictionary or a psychology text book? lol. sry about acting the way I did earlier btw.