1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cyber jar and hero kid?

Discussion in 'Rules Questions (YGO)' started by shadowdragon, Mar 14, 2006.

1. shadowdragon

shadowdragon leet is for losers

a quick question if i summon a hero kid by cyber jar, i would let cyber jar resolve then summon the other hero kid/s right, rather than summon when hero kid hits the feild, or would the effect diapate? since its not the next step in the chain?
  2. Jason_C

Jason_C Banned

*coughauto-linkcough*

[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]

<EDIT: Having read the link, Barty is absolutely right. See the rulings for [ycard="DR2-EN066"]Dark Magician of Chaos[/ycard]>
  3. barty64

barty64 Moki The Monkey Boy Staff Member

i'm not sure but i think [ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]'s effect would not be actived due to the timing beening off.
  4. skey23

skey23 Council of Heroes

How would the timing be off? The last thing to occur was a "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]" being Special Summoned to the field.

Yes, if "[ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]" is flipped, and no other effects happen BEFORE "[ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]" is flipped, and a "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]" is Special Summoned, the effect of the "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]" will be activated, and you can Special Summon up to 2 more "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]s".
  5. Jason_C

Jason_C Banned

I could've SWORN the last event to occur was the adding cards to the hand. ;)
  6. skey23

skey23 Council of Heroes

They are considered simultaneous events. It's like "[ycard="TP5-EN008"]Book of Life[/ycard]" in that respect.
  7. Jason_C

Jason_C Banned

>_>

<_<

Source?
  8. barty64

how do you mean like [ycard="TP5-EN008"]Book of Life[/ycard]
  9. Jason_C

Jason_C Banned

Exactly what he said. They're simultaneous effects, just like [ycard="TP5-EN008"]Book of Life[/ycard]'s. And no, you're not right. I thought you were right, but it turned out that I was wrong, and he was right, so you were wrong. :dur_jedi:
  10. DaGuyWitBluGlasses

DaGuyWitBluGlasses New Member

Click for the source: [ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]

"[ycard="DB1-EN228"]Torrential Tribute[/ycard]" can be used on monsters Summoned by "[ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]" but not if "[ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]" was flipped face-up in the Damage Step, since "[ycard="DB1-EN228"]Torrential Tribute[/ycard]" cannot be activated during the Damage Step

11. Jason_C

Jason_C Banned

*bows*

:yes_jedi:
  12. skey23

skey23 Council of Heroes

There's a Judge's List post that says you can use "[ycard="DB1-EN228"]Torrential Tribute[/ycard]" after Special Summoning your Zombie from "[ycard="TP5-EN008"]Book of Life[/ycard]". I can't seem to find it right now...

[edit]But DaGuy's post works just as well!
  13. barty64

I would of thought that [ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]s effect would not actived due to [ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]s effect needing to be resolved first.
  14. skey23

skey23 Council of Heroes

We'll pretend "[ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]" is being Flip Summoned for this demonstration....

P1 Flip Summons "[ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]", activating it's effect.
    P2 does not respond to this effect.
    P1 does not respond to this effect.
    Resolve "[ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]"s effect.....
    1. Destroy all monsters on the field and send them to the Graveyard.
    2. P1 (Turn Player) picks up 5 cards, showing all to P2, and chooses orientation of valid monster cards to be Special Summoned. (one of these happens to be "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]", it's effect is triggered now.)
    3. P2 picks up 5 cards, showing all to P1, and chooses orientation of valid monster cards to be Special Summoned.
    4. All other cards picked up go to the hand of the respective player.
    5. End [ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard] resolution.

Now even though 2, 3 and 4 'seem' to be resolving at different times, they are considered by the game to happen at the same time, so the last thing to happen is still the Special Summoning of a monster. Since "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]" was one of the monsters Special Summoned by this effect, it's effect will trigger, activate, and resolve w/o issue.
  15. barty64

i do understand it and if that is the oficial ruling of it then i will have to acepet it regardless of my understanding of the ruling of this situation(which seems to be wrong)
  16. skey23

skey23 Council of Heroes

Look at it this way...

Summon "[ycard="LOD-EN018"]Marauding Captain[/ycard]" and use his effect to Special Summon "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]". Do you get the effect of "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]"?

Now, modify it slightly...

Flip-Summon "[ycard="HL2-EN001"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]" and use it's effect to Special Summon "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]". Do you get the effect of "[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard]"?

Hope this helps!
  17. barty64

i do get it i was wrong on this one!!!
  18. OKShadow

OKShadow OKC's Dark Duelist

But if you use the Cap to bring out the kiddos, be sure to have [ycard="LOD-EN027"]The A. Forces[/ycard] handy to support ol' Cap. (or [ycard="DB1-EN244"]United We Stand[/ycard] of course)
  19. shadowdragon

shadowdragon leet is for losers

that and [ycard="SDP-046"]Ultimate Offering[/ycard] are the plan

thank you very much for the help guys
  20. slither

slither Alex (1981 - 2008)<br />Slithery When Wet

[ycard="SDP-046"]Ultimate Offering[/ycard] won't work:

By paying 500 Life Points, Normal Summon or Set 1 extra monster. You can only activate this effect during your Main Phase or your opponent's Battle Phase

[ycard="SOI-EN005"]Hero Kid[/ycard] requires to be Special Summoned.