1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Wondering...

Discussion in 'Games Discussion' started by Necromancer, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Necromancer

Necromancer New Member

So, I notice there are heaps of new games on here...

I am (was) a fan of those old retro Arcade classics. I think I would be about the only one on here who can actually remember playing "Pong" (although, I could be wrong about that).

Anyhows..aahh..the memories of a "misspent youth" playing such games as:
    Space Invaders (does this forum have it?), Galaga, Galaxian, Moon Cresta, Frogger, Donkey Kong, Pac-Man, Q-Bert (yet another one I didn't notice), Breakout, Puzzle Bobble etc etc (all those games from 1979-1982).

My question is, can these games be played using a "Joystick" or some sort of PC "Controller Device"?
    I would play more PC Games, but I'm not that co-ordinated to use different Keyboard buttons consecutively.
    *hence my typing is done using 2 fingers & really sucks*

I just wanted to know this, before I go ahead & plug these devices in, only to find one cannot use them. Thanks for replies here.
  2. Digital Jedi

Digital Jedi Administrator Staff Member

I can't say with absolute certainty. I've always assumed they would, but haven't had a chance to test it out. The next time I see a cheap PC controller I'll see if I can get it to work.

For the life of me, I though I had added Qbert. I'll look for him the next cycle. But yes, Space Invaders is on page 2 of the Classic/Retro category.
  3. Necromancer

Necromancer New Member

Thank you, Digital Jedi. Yes, I must have missed Space Invaders. I can also see you added "Snake" (Centipede) :D
    I look forward to finding out this information, although I may actually try it out in the interim, but I am not very good with hardware stuff & wanted to see if anybody has managed this successfully yet.

Happy gaming guyz.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  4. slither

slither Alex (1981 - 2008)<br />Slithery When Wet

Well, unfortunately gamepads and/or other devices won't work with the Arcade games, not because they can't be played with them (emulators allow it), but because the games themselves don't have a compability recognition feature. I've already tried that ;P
  5. Necromancer

Necromancer New Member

dagnabbitwtfbbqsauce =(
    Ah well, I guess I gotta start off with Pong again, using teh buttons.
    Thx for the info.