1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rescue Cat/Last Will/3-Hump Lacooda vs Torrential Tribute

Discussion in 'Rules Questions (YGO)' started by Dragonseeker, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Dragonseeker

Dragonseeker New Member

I was wondering if someone could help me solve this scenario. Here goes:

My opponent has Torrential Tribute face-down.

* I activate Last Will.

* I normal summon Rescue Cat.

* I send Rescue Cat to the graveyard, to summon 2 3-Hump Lacooda from my deck. I also choose the 3rd 3-Hump Lacooda as my Last Will choice.

* I tribute the 2 3-Hump Lacooda special summoned via Rescue Cat to draw 3 cards.

What I'm wondering [and worried about] is exactly -when- my opponent can activate Torrential Tribute to block me from the final tributes-to-draw part of this idea.

The confusion [I confuse easily] lies in the text of 3-Hump Lacooda:
    If you Summon your third "3-Hump Lacooda", you can activate its effect before your opponent activates "Torrential Tribute".

Can Torrential Tribute interrupt all of my effort?

Thanks in advance. :)
  2. chaosruler

chaosruler New Member

no, because the activation requirement is having 3 face-up, and the cost is sacrifing two, so you'll already done it

can anyone clarify if i'm right or wrong??

-chaosruler
  3. DaGuyWitBluGlasses

DaGuyWitBluGlasses New Member

Your opponent may chain [ycard="DB1-EN228"]Torrential Tribute[/ycard] to [ycard="SYE-031"]Last Will[/ycard], destroying the two [ycard="AST-070"]3-Hump Lacooda[/ycard]s. Before you get the 3rd one on the field.
  4. chaosruler

chaosruler New Member

Ooops, I thought he meant in response to summoning of the 3rd 3-hump lacooda, oh well

-chaosruler
  5. chaosruler

chaosruler New Member

okay, however, if he lets it go through and lets the 3rd one get summoned, you still have priority, correct? I believe so, but wanna check.

-chaosruler
  6. Dragonseeker

Dragonseeker New Member

When I special summon the [2] 3-Hump Lacooda, and Last Will takes effect, do I declare my monster choice then, or wait to see if my opponent will Torrential Tribute everything?
  7. chaosruler

chaosruler New Member

last will's choice is at resolution, not at activation, so when you resolve it, you pick a monster

-chaosruler
  8. PsychoDemon

PsychoDemon New Member

umm u summon [ycard="FET-EN033"]Rescue Cat[/ycard]. pass priority to opponent. does nothing. activate [ycard="SYE-031"]Last Will[/ycard]. condition is lingering now. u activate [ycard="FET-EN033"]Rescue Cat[/ycard]s effect. [ycard="FET-EN033"]Rescue Cat[/ycard]s effect resolves the same time when [ycard="SYE-031"]Last Will[/ycard]s effect resolves. 3 lumps on the field. priority 2 go bub bye. then opponent can activate torrential. thats what i see. if a higher up can clarify please do
  9. densetsu_x

densetsu_x .

Actually the other scenario was correct. When the 2 3 Hump Lacoordas hit the field the timing window opens up for a) the turn player to get the 3rd one for [ycard="SYE-031"]Last Will[/ycard] and b) for the opponent to activate "[ycard="DB1-EN228"]Torrential Tribute[/ycard]". So, if both players use their effects, TT will go off before the 3rd one hits the field.
  10. PsychoDemon

PsychoDemon New Member

ty for the clarification Almighty Densetsu