1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Six Samurai Zanji question

Discussion in 'Rules Questions (YGO)' started by Dasher, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Dasher

Dasher New Member

2. 1cup

1cup New Member

anyone more knowledgeable than me, please step in to correct me if i'm wrong.

zanji has two effects:
    1). while you control another 6-s, destroy the monster he battles with at the end of the damage step
    2). destroy another 6-s instead.

in sub-step 6 of the damage step (using this as a reference http://www.cogonline.net/showthread.php?t=6503 ) is where zanji's effects occur.

at this point as zanji's controller you have the option of resolving the events in an order of your choosing ( events being I). zanji is destroyed and II). activating zanji's first effect )

presumably in the case you posted, you activate and resolve zanji's first effect first, while you still have two 6-s monsters on your field. so ntp's monster is destroyed. then, since zanji is destroyed as a result of battle, he must be put in the grave, but as you control another 6-s, you can activate zanji's other effect and put irou in the grave in zanji's place.
  3. skey23

skey23 Council of Heroes

I have already asked Curtis about his answer to that question.

To my knowledge, there must be another "Six Samurai" with a different name on the field when "Zanji's" effect tries to activate during the end of the Damage Step.