1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tsukuyomi Vs. Scapegoat LoL

Discussion in 'Rules Questions (YGO)' started by LordGanja, Jul 25, 2005.

1. LordGanja

LordGanja New Member

I have 4 Goats on my field
    Opponent summon's Tsukuyomi
    Can he target a goat to keep Tsukuyomi face up and attack my goat?
    I say no he ,said yes.I let him do it.He still lost.Just wanna know if he was right.heh
    Ty much
  2. Deathjester

Deathjester New Member

Tokens cannot be turned face-down, so if [ycard="DR1-EN237"]Tsukuyomi[/ycard] was the only other monster, it would have to target itself with its effect.
  3. skochtape1

skochtape1 D D Jester

Jax Represent

Yeah Ganja,

Tokens don't have the privelege of turning facedown....just change of battle position. LOL
  4. Dragon Reaver

Dragon Reaver New Member

I think that you can target the goat, but it just gose to def mode. If it is already in def mode, then then it just stays there.
  5. skey23

skey23 Council of Heroes

If we go by the ruling for "[ycard="FET-EN042"]Swords of Concealing Light[/ycard]", then any monster tokens that are in Attack position would be switched to Defense position INSTEAD of being flipped face down like 'regular' monsters.

Now, that being said, it is possible to believe the following:

An Attack position Monster Token CAN be targetted for "[ycard="DR1-EN237"]Tsukuyomi[/ycard]"s effect, but it would simply be changed to Defense position.

As for a Defense position Monster Token...I do not believe you would be able to target it for effects like "[ycard="PGD-035"]Book of Moon[/ycard]" or "[ycard="DR1-EN237"]Tsukuyomi[/ycard]". And in "[ycard="DR1-EN237"]Tsukuyomi[/ycard]"s case, she would have to target herself if the only other monsters on the field are Defense position Monster Tokens.

This is my opinion, not an official ruling. Anybody feel free to smack me around a bit.
  6. Digital Jedi

Digital Jedi Administrator Staff Member

[ycard="DR1-EN237"]Tsukuyomi[/ycard] effect is targeting and therfore the same as [ycard="PGD-035"]Book of Moon[/ycard]'s effect. You couldn't target a token with [ycard="DR1-EN237"]Tsukuyomi[/ycard].

[ycard="FET-EN042"]Swords of Concealing Light[/ycard] is blanketing effect, it tries to affect the whole field as much as it can.
  7. Maruno

Maruno Council of Heroes Staff Member

And thanks to it being Tsukiyomi's effect, there'll always be a legal target for her effect (i.e. herself). Most of the time you'll just want to use her effect with another legal target instead.
  8. krazykidpsx

krazykidpsx New Member

i belive the judges list had something posted about goats already.

and its clear, "GOATS CANNOT BE TURNED FACE DOWN"

it was like that too, i think...