1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Zombie-drain

Discussion in 'Deck Construction (YGO)' started by Ryshin, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Ryshin

Ryshin New Member

i know it's strange but works...

TRIBUTE SUMMON
    [ycard="DCR-000"]Vampire Lord[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="SD2-EN008"]Ryu Kokki[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="DR1-EN185"]Despair from the Dark[/ycard]
    [ycard="RDS-EN031"]Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast[/ycard] x2

NORMAL SUMMON
    [ycard="IOC-013"]Berserk Gorilla[/ycard]
    [ycard="CRV-EN020"]Goblin Elite Attack Force[/ycard]
    [ycard="PGD-057"]Newdoria[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="LOD-EN023"]Exiled Force[/ycard]
    [ycard="SD2-EN005"]Pyramid Turtle[/ycard] x3
    [ycard="SYE-018"]Sangan[/ycard]
    [ycard="PGD-070"]A Cat of Ill Omen[/ycard]
    [ycard="SRL-EN077"]Cyber Jar[/ycard]
    [ycard="TP4-002"]Morphing Jar[/ycard]

SPELL
    [ycard="PGD-035"]Book of Moon[/ycard]
    [ycard="SD2-EN021"]Book of Life[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="DB2-EN235"]Call of the Mummy[/ycard]
    [ycard="PSV-EN037"]Premature Burial[/ycard]
    [ycard="PSV-EN034"]Nobleman of Crossout[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="SD2-EN017"]Pot of Greed[/ycard]
    [ycard="DB2-EN095"]Graceful Charity[/ycard]
    [ycard="DB2-EN084"]Heavy Storm[/ycard]
    [ycard="SRL-EN047"]Mystical Space Typhoon[/ycard]
    [ycard="LON-EN096"]Bait Doll[/ycard]
    [ycard="SRL-EN036"]Snatch Steal[/ycard]
    [ycard="SD1-EN014"]Swords of Revealing Light[/ycard]

TRAP
    [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] x3
    [ycard="DB2-EN201"]Bottomless Trap Hole[/ycard]
    [ycard="DCR-102"]Sakuretsu Armor[/ycard]
    [ycard="SYE-050"]Raigeki Break[/ycard]
    [ycard="SD3-EN028"]Call of the Haunted[/ycard]
    [ycard="DB1-EN228"]Torrential Tribute[/ycard]

suggestion? a good side deck?
    thanks
  2. kingpinopie

kingpinopie Himoura Shinta

with 3 [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard], whats with the flip effects?? If you are going to have them in... maybe toss in [ycard="SDJ-032"]Giant Trunade[/ycard] or [ycard="LOD-EN033"]Emergency Provisions[/ycard]... that way you wont get caught with a dead draw while you have [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] out.....
  3. John Danker

John Danker Administrator

I've run this type of deck for about 6 months now. The previous post is correct. You'd be better off dropping the flip effect monsters for 3 [ycard="SRL-EN086"]Nimble Momonga[/ycard]s which will maintain field presence, thin your deck, and help pay for [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard]. You're really not concerned either about your opponent's face down monsters (so long as you have [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] face up on the field) You're more concerned that your attacks will go through. You might experiment with taking out a [ycard="PSV-EN034"]Nobleman of Crossout[/ycard] or two and adding a [ycard="SKE-045"]Dust Tornado[/ycard] or two to insure your monster aren't destroyed in battle. Likely your biggest enemy in this deck is [ycard="DB2-EN201"]Bottomless Trap Hole[/ycard].
  4. sirch1964

sirch1964 Don't fear da Reaper

[ycard="PSV-EN035"]Nobleman of Extermination[/ycard] and [ycard="FET-EN042"]Swords of Concealing Light[/ycard].

Nobleman to get rid of spells, swords to place opponents monsters face down. Preps you for [ycard="PSV-EN034"]Nobleman of Crossout[/ycard], sort of like a mass [ycard="PGD-035"]Book of Moon[/ycard].
  5. Ryshin

Ryshin New Member

thanks...i've put in jars and cat to speed up the drawing of [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard], because i've not nimble...of course i'll buy them but unfortunatly this sunday i've got a tournament so any suggestion to improve the deck without putting nimble in? john,you play with it, does this type of deck is really competitive? i've to continue on this way or it's better to construct a pure zombie or a pure [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard]?
  6. John Danker

It is pretty competitive in a tournament. If you're trying to speed it up then I'd suggest a [ycard="SYE-032"]Card Destruction[/ycard]. [ycard="SYE-032"]Card Destruction[/ycard] is going to help you out in a number of ways in this deck. Not only will it speed it up but you risk the chance in this deck of starting out with a bunch of tribute monsters in your hand. Card D will let you send those tribute monsters to the graveyard where they'll be waiting for [ycard="SD2-EN021"]Book of Life[/ycard].

If you are going to keep the flip effect monsters in keep in mind you can flip them face up and when the effect activates use your [ycard="PGD-035"]Book of Moon[/ycard] to chain to the effect, even if [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] is active the flip effect will resolve because the monster is face down when the effect resolves.

The trick to [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] is knowing WHEN to activate it. Let your opponent summon Tribe Infecting Virus and pay the cost, THEN chain [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard], let them summon [ycard="SD4-EN012"]Mobius the Frost Monarch[/ycard], THEN activate [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard], announce your attack on your opponent's face down monster, wait and see if your opponent has a response, if not, THEN activate [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard].....you get the picture.
  7. Ryshin

Ryshin New Member

thanks! and any suggestion for side deck?
  8. anthonyj

anthonyj New Member

[ycard="DB1-EN228"]Torrential Tribute[/ycard] can be a very bad choice when you have a deck that maintains this kind of field presence. You may be better off with [ycard="SDK-050"]Ultimate Offering[/ycard] to speed getting your monsters to the field. I would also take [ycard="SDJ-032"]Giant Trunade[/ycard] over [ycard="DB2-EN084"]Heavy Storm[/ycard] as you don't have to kill off your own resources. I've run a very similar deck as well and find the cat often wasting my draw when I'm already building up steam, I went with a pair of [ycard="DR1-EN031"]Different Dimension Capsule[/ycard]s to speed getting what I want out of the deck (most often a [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] since you have 3 the chance of losing 1 is not that big a deal) it also makes your opponent waste his S/T removal early and get stuck with less options to deal with [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] when it is doing it's job. I also agree with John that Nobleman is unnecessary in this type of deck, let your heavy hitters have some fun. You may also want to trade out Berzerk Gorilla for GAF, Zombyra, another Goblin Elite, etc. I've always seen him as a liability.
  9. Ryshin

Ryshin New Member

thanks for all suggests so now my deck is:

[ycard="DR1-EN185"]Despair from the Dark[/ycard]
    [ycard="SD2-EN008"]Ryu Kokki[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="DCR-000"]Vampire Lord[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="SD2-EN005"]Pyramid Turtle[/ycard] x3
    fusilier dragon x2
    goblin elite atk force
    besrek gorilla
    [ycard="SYE-018"]Sangan[/ycard]
    [ycard="LOD-EN023"]Exiled Force[/ycard]
    [ycard="PGD-057"]Newdoria[/ycard]
    [ycard="SRL-EN086"]Nimble Momonga[/ycard] x3

[ycard="DB2-EN235"]Call of the Mummy[/ycard]
    [ycard="SD2-EN021"]Book of Life[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="PSV-EN037"]Premature Burial[/ycard]
    [ycard="DB2-EN084"]Heavy Storm[/ycard]
    ms typhoon
    [ycard="LON-EN096"]Bait Doll[/ycard]
    [ycard="SRL-EN036"]Snatch Steal[/ycard]
    [ycard="SD2-EN017"]Pot of Greed[/ycard]
    [ycard="DB2-EN095"]Graceful Charity[/ycard]
    [ycard="MFC-086"]Big Bang Shot[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="PGD-035"]Book of Moon[/ycard]

[ycard="DB2-EN201"]Bottomless Trap Hole[/ycard]
    [ycard="DB1-EN228"]Torrential Tribute[/ycard]
    cal of the hounted
    [ycard="DCR-102"]Sakuretsu Armor[/ycard]
    [ycard="SYE-050"]Raigeki Break[/ycard]
    [ycard="TP4-017"]Magic Drain[/ycard] x2
    [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] x3

side deck:
    [ycard="PGD-057"]Newdoria[/ycard]
    [ycard="PGD-070"]A Cat of Ill Omen[/ycard]
    [ycard="SDP-048"]Magic Jammer[/ycard]
    [ycard="SKE-045"]Dust Tornado[/ycard]
    fusilier drangon
    [ycard="SYE-032"]Card Destruction[/ycard]
    swords of revealig light
    [ycard="SDJ-041"]Scapegoat[/ycard]

any other suggestion for deck and side deck?
  10. John Danker

Yes, I do have some suggestions for the side deck. I think what you'll find if you play this deck long enough is that you'll meet up with someone who gives you fits by playing (or side decking in) 2-3 [ycard="DB2-EN201"]Bottomless Trap Hole[/ycard]. You'll find that having your [ycard="DCR-000"]Vampire Lord[/ycard]s and [ycard="SD2-EN008"]Ryu Kokki[/ycard]es really makes you mad!

With that in mind and since you're playing [ycard="MFC-086"]Big Bang Shot[/ycard] (potentially another way to make your heavy hitter be removed from play) I'd suggest one of these two options, either [ycard="SD1-EN026"]Interdimensional Matter Transporter[/ycard] or Compusory Evacuation Device. If you've got a [ycard="DB2-EN235"]Call of the Mummy[/ycard] active Compusory works nicely allowing you to just summon the monster again avoiding BTH and Compusory is a versitle card as you can use it on your own or your opponent's monsters. With IMT you'll just remove your monster from harms way until the end phase when it comes back to the field.

I'd agree that a [ycard="SDJ-032"]Giant Trunade[/ycard] (or two) in your side deck would be a good idea. Since [ycard="SD1-EN014"]Swords of Revealing Light[/ycard] is already side deck it works nicely with [ycard="SDJ-032"]Giant Trunade[/ycard] as well (as does [ycard="PSV-EN037"]Premature Burial[/ycard])

A lone [ycard="SD2-EN020"]Creature Swap[/ycard] might be a good call for your side deck as well. Being able to give your opponent [ycard="SYE-018"]Sangan[/ycard], [ycard="SRL-EN086"]Nimble Momonga[/ycard], or [ycard="SD2-EN005"]Pyramid Turtle[/ycard] in [ycard="DB1-EN170"]Exchange[/ycard] for their BLS or [ycard="DB1-EN067"]Jinzo[/ycard] is a nice option.
  11. kingpinopie

kingpinopie Himoura Shinta

[ycard="MFC-043"]Spell Shield Type-8[/ycard] ... you are going to need to protect [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard]... i found that my biggest enemy was Spells that either stole my big guns or Things like [ycard="DB2-EN084"]Heavy Storm[/ycard].... so I would look at [ycard="MFC-043"]Spell Shield Type-8[/ycard] and False Trap... they are huge assets in this deck. I ran [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] for a very long time (till my cards and deck were stolen)... so this is a special deck to me. It was my regional deck, and it was very unexpected by people in my area at the time.... probably still is... so ya... [ycard="MFC-043"]Spell Shield Type-8[/ycard] and false Trap could end up being your best friends in this deck.... check it out...
  12. branas

branas New Member

oooh,[ycard="LOD-EN033"]Emergency Provisions[/ycard] + [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] + your flip effects,
    thats nasty! your opponent would never know what you're
    up to!
    kudos on that idea.
  13. Ryshin

Ryshin New Member

ok so two question...

how many cards to protect [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] should i put in the deck and how many in side deck? and in your experience of tournament with [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] based deck, generally people after the first match which modofies make to their deck in order to destroy [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] and how can i protect it?

if i use [ycard="SD1-EN026"]Interdimensional Matter Transporter[/ycard] on a fusilier dragon 1400/1000 when it's newly special summon on the field it's 1400/1000 or 2800/2000?
  14. Ryshin

Ryshin New Member

tehe effect of dd warrior lady goes with [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] face up on the field?

if a monster equipped with [ycard="MFC-086"]Big Bang Shot[/ycard] is destroied by a trap or in battle it's removed from the game? no because when the effect of bb shot resolve the monster it's already in the graveyard right? same thing if i cover my monster equipped with bb shot with [ycard="PGD-035"]Book of Moon[/ycard] when [ycard="DB2-EN084"]Heavy Storm[/ycard] it's played right?
  15. Ryshin

Ryshin New Member

so after the october 1st ban list how can i replace [ycard="SD2-EN017"]Pot of Greed[/ycard] and craceful charity in order to mantain the velocity of draw [ycard="DCR-049"]Skill Drain[/ycard] and in order to discard zombie? or have i to make some modify to the deck?
    now i've put card destuction and [ycard="SDY-022"]Dark Hole[/ycard] but i'm not completely satisfied...

ps please reply at the above answer too plz
  16. Big Oldprankster

Big Oldprankster New Member

I also run a zombie drain deck. I have been working with [ycard="DR1-EN031"]Different Dimension Capsule[/ycard] in mine. Haven't played enough lately to really decide if I like it. Then with the new bans it hit me for 7 cards to change out. The things that hurt me most before was [ycard="SYE-024"]Black Luster Soldier[/ycard] and myself not having enough spell/trap removal. I added an extra [ycard="SKE-045"]Dust Tornado[/ycard] that helped.