2006 8th-9th April , Judges Wanted for SJC DC area

ancient_duelist

Gold Member
The PTO, Laurel Chiat, asked me to help find some excellent judges for the SJC here in April. She will be able to offer hotel accomadations to a limited number of judges, but she is not sure about travel expenses. Still, it doesn't hurt to ask. I told her City of Gamers is where the best of the best are, so I hope some of you are able to make it. Please drop me an email at ancientduelist@netrep.net if you apply to Laurel so I will know who might be coming. Thanks! Anyway, here is her request:

Judging Opportunities - Shonen Jump April 8-9, College Park MD
(Baltimore-Washington DC area)
We are putting together a great staff that will enjoy working
together. If you are interested in judging, please email the
following information to: laurel@dreamwizards.com

Name:
UDE#:
Judge Level:
Player Management Level:
email:
phone/cell contact#:
# Shonen Jumps Judged:
Home town, State:
Do you own an official UDE Judge shirt:
If no, what size do you need?
Are you interested in testing at this event?
If so, for what level?
 
I wish I could go. Lol, I have no clue how I'd get to the tournament site. I would fly of course because it'd be more affordable on me. Although don't get me wrong, I'm VERY interested. I've been to DC before, it's a pretty interesting place.

The only thing I could see is if the regular set of judges I work with at Iowa events judge at the SJC. That way I could hook up with them at the airport or something.

@_@ God, I wish I could go!!!!
 
I'd love to, and the SJC is being held a mere 30 miles away from me. However, I have ZERO actual judging experience. "only on paper" would be the best description.

If you run out of actually qualified people, let me know and I'll fill out the little form here :D
 
I'll drop her a e-mail with the information requested and a judging resume.

I'd require travel & lodging....but as you said, "It doesn't hurt to ask"
 
John would you be flying or driving? I would think it would be most cost effective to fly. I'm wondering about this because I might check to see if I could judge at that event. However, the only thing really holding me back is having no way to get to the tournament site from the airport.
 
Tkwiget said:
John would you be flying or driving? I would think it would be most cost effective to fly. I'm wondering about this because I might check to see if I could judge at that event. However, the only thing really holding me back is having no way to get to the tournament site from the airport.

There is loads of mass transit that can get you from BWI Airport to College Park. Or, it's even more trivial from Reagan National in DC thanks to the metro. It shouldn't cost you more than $10 to get from either airport to the University of Maryland.

Linkage:

www.mtamaryland.com -- BWI/Maryland
www.wmata.com -- National/DC

edit: On the weekend, DC and the metro are your best bets. Reduced fares and everything. The Maryland MARC trains do not run on the weekend, and you'd end up on a bus.
 
I've learned from the last time I visited DC that you should always travel without at least one or two other people. Minimizes all sorts of other problems. I don't trust people in areas that I'm not familiar with.
 
skey23 said:
I'm sure Masterwoo0 would jump on this...maybe...I think he's in the DC area now...lol.
LOL... You know me so well!!!

I've already talked to her. If I can make it to our Regional in March (as a player) I am going to Judge SJC and the next days Regional. Otherwise, just the SJC and play in the Regional.
 
I'll most likely be there judging, Ms. Chiat and myself have passed back a few emails and it looks like she'll be happy to have me on staff there. I'll be down for a room on Friday and Saturday night so unless I have to bail out for some reason I'm on staff and will see you guys there.

It'll be cool if John can make it out that way. I'd love to work with you.
 
I'd love to as well.....but the tooth fairy will have to be good to me! <laffin> Hopefully her wings are strong enough to carry me because I'm not going to make it by myself!
 
Well, looks like I spoke too soon...

I have to go to a 2 Week Training Course on the 6th of April in Texas. How did I know when I told her all those months ago, that I would end up having something come up.... :cog_cryin
 
masterwoo0 said:
Well, looks like I spoke too soon...

I have to go to a 2 Week Training Course on the 6th of April in Texas. How did I know when I told her all those months ago, that I would end up having something come up.... :cog_cryin
Stoopid Army training!...what do we need the 'Army' for anyways?....


Wait...did I say that outloud?.....crap!
 
djp952 said:
I'd love to, and the SJC is being held a mere 30 miles away from me. However, I have ZERO actual judging experience. "only on paper" would be the best description.

If you run out of actually qualified people, let me know and I'll fill out the little form here :D
I'm sorry I haven't checked in since I put the notice out. There is a Regional Tournament being held in College Park on March 5th. On of the things Laurel is doing is teaming up new judges with experienced judges so they can get some practice in before the SJC. If you can make the March 5th tourny, get in touch with Laurel ASAP and tell her you want to judge both events. She really needs judges for the SJC, so I think there is a good chance she will get you in.
 
John Danker said:
I'll drop her a e-mail with the information requested and a judging resume.

I'd require travel & lodging....but as you said, "It doesn't hurt to ask"
John, I have spoken to Laurel several times about getting you to the tournament. I know she would like to have you there, so please do send the information to her again.
 
masterwoo0 said:
Well, looks like I spoke too soon...

I have to go to a 2 Week Training Course on the 6th of April in Texas. How did I know when I told her all those months ago, that I would end up having something come up.... :cog_cryin
Man, what a bummer. Are you still going to play in the March Regional or judge?
 
ancient_duelist said:
John, I have spoken to Laurel several times about getting you to the tournament. I know she would like to have you there, so please do send the information to her again.

Did she not recieve the e-mail I sent her? I'd be happy to send again if she needs it.
 
I won't be able to make it to the March 5th regional, sorry.

Got a few tournaments that Star City is hosting that weekend that I'll be at, most likely playing in the PCQ for once actually... especially when you consider the fact that I've literally judged 3 weeks straight (with 2 more weeks left to come, including the Durham SJC coming up in 2 weeks).
 
ancient_duelist said:
Man, what a bummer. Are you still going to play in the March Regional or judge?
I will probably play, but I'll let Laurel know on Saturday (still undecided). I was really counting on being here for that SJC... What a disappointment! There aren't too many times I am going to have a Jump Tourney in my own backyard!!!
 
Back
Top