Attention FaceBook Users - Guinea Pigs Needed

Digital Jedi

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, yes, I know. A number of you hate FaceBook, MySpace and social networking in general. This is not directed at you.

For those of you who do use FaceBook, and I know some of you do since your in my friends list, I'm testing a feature that will let you integrate your vBulletin account into your existing FaceBook account. It's in the BETA stages, so it is just a little buggy. But I'm using it and I've not run into anything egregious or painful.

First, logout of your CoG account and note the image
connect_light_medium_long.gif
below the login fields. Click it and you will be asked to login to your FaceBook account.

facebook_connect1.png

Now, new users to the forum can register on the next screen by selecting the screen name they wish to use on the forum. If your already a member of CoG, then you can simply click the "Want to use your existing screen name?" link below.

You can also set up your FaceBook account here to receive email through FaceBook, which can later be changed in your Edit Apps section on FaceBook.

facebook_connect2.png

After that, you should be all set. You will now receive notifications in your FaceBook account of new replies to your threads, subscriptions and Private Messages.

facebook_connect3.png

If you need to log into City of Gamers again, all you'll need to do is click the FaceBook button and you'll be asked to either login with that account, or if you happen to already be logged into FaceBook, you'll simply be redirected.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back