City of Gamers 3.0

Digital Jedi

Administrator
Staff member
Hello all,

As you can see, the upgrades and new configurations took way longer than I expected. A lot of that was due to the fact that I was farther behind on keeping things upgraded than I thought. Some of it was due to periodic errors and bugs I ran into trying to get everything updated. And some of it was due to the fact that I had some sickness in the family that resulted in an impromptu hospital stay. All in all, I had to put in some late nights to catch up on most of it.

Most notable changes to the site are, obviously, the new skin. This one is custom, although a bit borrowed from some other styles I'd seen. The change was prompted by the fact that although I loved Centura and it's unique color scheme, it was very problematic, having been designed for an older version of vBulletin. And style-wise, some of the things that should have looked good on a typical vB forum, didn't on this one. Making a lot of things I wanted to do problematic and time consuming. This skin, while certainly not finished, will be much easier for me to maintain, especially considering I built this one from the ground up. That said, don't get used to the buttons or icon sets. I hate them and their going to go pretty soon.

I won't go into long detail about all the changes to the site. You'll run into most of them on your own anyway. Just feel free to explore and ask questions if something doesn't seem right. I have reorganized and streamlined a lot of the forums, so take note of where things are now. You'll notice that Articles have all been moved to an articles section. You can still find the Battle Phase article there pretty handy, so no worries.

There's still a lot I have to do, so bear with me some more. The hardest stuff, the stuff that needed the forum to be closed to work on, should all be done. Once I get some of these graphical changes completed, we'll more on to the more substantive stuff.

Oh, Facebook users, your login integration has been updated, so if you were having trouble logging in via Facebook, try again. More on this later.

Alright guys, I'm going to go back to sleep now. Don't wreck the place while I'm gone. I just painted.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the payment box for loan payment. It used to be there when I clicked on "CHECK" under my user name, but now all I see is a list of previous payments.

I'm actually having trouble finding it too. LOL I needed it to test something, and now I can't find it so I can do the test. I think I skipped a template edit. Give me just a minute on that one.

What'd I miss?

What're these "Points" and "Activity" bars on the left here? More specifically, why do the points have a level on them, and generally what does "Activity" refer to? Number of visits where you posted something divided by total number of visits?

I may have more questions later...

Last edited:
The points are your advanced activity level, or your experience. Rather then just post/tread count, this shows your activity based on how much you post, how substantive it is, how much you've participated in various aspects of the forum, etc. And it will give out award icons for people with the highest in particular aspect. I'll explain more about it in an upcoming thread.

Just thought I'd mention that the forum known as Deck Check has now been changed to Deck Construction. This was done due to the fact that a lot of forums call their main deck sections Deck Check, and it's often led to confusion. This makes it a little bit clearer that it's a section for suggestions rather then for full decks.

I'm having a bit of trouble finding the payment box for loan payment. It used to be there when I clicked on "CHECK" under my user name, but now all I see is a list of previous payments.
This wasn't particular obvious to me, but I believe I've sorted it out (with some help). Is the loan box still not showing for you?

Quick question, I know of the posting, activity and community awards any others???

Back