Dillie-O Digital Downloads Update

I know I sound like a broken record, or a nagging wife, but how's the RONIN offline mode (ala 2.0) coming along?

One suggestion I came across was that maybe it could have a search mode for various rulings as well. You know, like, SEARCH: Target. I don't know, that may be asking for a lot.

But how about this one, an "Uncheck All" box. When you "Reset" it starts with all boxes checked, which is fine, unless you just want to search out Dragons and/or Spellcasters. Then you have to sit there and uncheck a bunch of boxes. Just some thoughts.

Of course, with Konami........it may be moot.

For the searching for rulings (you mention "Target"), I assume you mean you want to be able to find all cards that have a targeting effect, or all cards associated with Archfiends or something. Dillie-O's implementing a feature called "Tags", which will be a list of one- or two-word phrases that will be put all over the relevant cards. For example, "Summoned Skull" gets the Archfiend Tag. Tags will be searchable, presumably through some kind of filter mode.

In RONIN, if you want to uncheck all the Monster Types, right-click inside that list box and select "Uncheck Monster Types" (or similar). Then you just need to check the one Type you're looking for. It's still a little bit of a hassle, but it's going to be improved for 2.0.

Sweet!

As for the searchable rulings, I've been using the "dump" files to look up things in the rulings that are not in the rulings for some cards, but are for others. For instance, I had a guy argue with me, saying that Ryu Kokki's effect was continuous. I told him that it wasn't and would get him proof AFTER the duel, but as the Head Judge that was my final answer. I couldn't find it under Ryu Kokki, but did under it's counterpart, Getsu Fuhma and printed it out for him.

There are several cards that are like that. The newer ones have the answers, you just have to know which cards to look under.

Antoher instance: A guy argued with me, saying that if Destiny Hero-Plasma is destroyed by an effect (or Book of Moon) chained to his effect attempting to equip another monster, that the targetted monster would not be destroyed. I, again, told him as the Head Judge, he would have to go by my decision, but proof would be waiting him at the judge station after the match. However, I tried Plasma, Relinquished/Restrict. It wasn't until I looked under the rulings for Allure Queen LV3 (not LV5 orLV7 either) that I got my answer.

Those Dump Files have been a HUGE help in my offline judging!! THANKS!

If you want to help with an alternate (albeit unofficial) source of information, why not join the Simple Texts Project? We're (very slowly) rewriting all the cards so that they say exactly what they do, and when they do it. There's a thread somewhere, and it's based in the Wiki.

I'm glad the dump file has been working for you. I was hoping it would be a suitable alternative while things were going 2.0.

Offline mode still hasn't been fixed yet. It has been pretty crazy maintaining the "1.0" stuff, finalizing some 2.0 stuff and working on the transition of ccgdb.com.

I'm debating about simply going into "hibernation" and not release anymore updates on things until I can get the 2.0 database finished and integrated with Deck Studio and RONIN. There's a chance that this will cause a delay in having the next set being available, but I would be able to focus more on finalizing things.

What do you guys think?

Ooh, ouch! Not having the full next set texts available?!? Scarey that. Even though the next set won't be released until late this month.

Man! That sucks that we will no longer be able to use the Sneak Previews to get the sets ready for the official releases. That just REALLY throws things back farther. At least y'all had a fortnight head start after the preview. Now....

Well, I for one, copy and paste everything Curtis puts out. So, if we can get some volunteers to post the cards/texts/rulings here (and over at the UD forum and your other forums-good night you have a few don't you), we should be able to limp along for a while. But, I don't want to be selfish. This might create more of a problem for netrep, YVD, etc. If we could get the info posted (I will do what I can) maybe the solution can be as simple as linking to the site with all the new set info. Just thinking out loud, here.

Back