Jathro's Common Build - 3/26 EARTH Control

Jathro

EARTH monsters have great support. There are several different directions a deck can be taken when playing this particular attribute. Let's do some field control, while keeping on a low budget.

Deck Name: Ground Control
Author: Jeremy Johnson
Count: 40

Tribute Monsters:
Dark Dust Spirit x2
Gigantes x3

Non-Tribute Monsters:
Elemental Hero Wildheart x2
Exiled Force x2
Giant Rat x3
Hyper Hammerhead x3
Legendary Jujitsu Master x3
Mystic Swordsman LV2

Spells: 13
Book of Moon
Brain Control x2
Enemy Controller x3
Heavy Storm
Mystical Space Typhoon
Nobleman of Crossout
Premature Burial
Reinforcement of the Army
Smashing Ground
Twister

Traps: 8
Call of the Haunted
Dust Tornado x3
Sakuretsu Armor x2
Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane
Torrential Tribute

Tweak as you like. The idea I went with was to keep the field clear for the most part, especially your opponent's side.

Earth decks have great special summoning outlets. One type I've seen (that was successful) was one that ran two of the earth barrier statues. Very annoying!

The only deck I have that would be close to a "common build" is a pretty good Six Samurai deck that remind me of a structure, because it has 1 rare- grandmaster.

Have I got a gem of an idea for this one, here it is.
-1x Dust Tornado
-1x Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane
-1x Twister
-1x Brain Control
-1x Hyper Hammerhead x3
-1x Legendary Jujitsu Master
+3 Narrow Pass
+3 Nimble Momonga
and maybe a couple of Cyber Dragons to really ramp up the special summons.

I'd add 1-2 Lilys. Guess your opponent attacks Exiled Force (unprobable, but still), your activate Kurogane's Art and sacrifice it for Lily.

Gaia Power is way more powerful than most people think; D.D. Assaillant should be in there too.

While I don't discount the playability of things like Cyber Dragon, Injection Fairy Lily, and D.D. Assailant, remember that this is a "building on a budget" sort of column, so we only use Commons here. And the occassional Rare. Deepdark's suggestions for Narrow Pass and Nimble Momonga are excellent and should definitely be considered if trying this deck out.

try a treeborn frog so the dust spirit can get summoned and also maybe giant trunade for getting around their spells

ok for the "keeping your opponent's side clear" but Cyber Dragons may ruin the strategy.
Maybe the Statue of the CDIP can be a solution?

...and with the Dark Dust Spirits I'd replace the kurogane with a Ultimate Offerings (the fact that you can summon it during your opp's bp thrills me xD)

Back