[JCP-YGO] Tempest Magician - How many spell counters when I use the effect?

UDEbot

More Machine Than Man
from UDE's Judge Certification Program (YGO)

It came to my interest to take a further look at Tempest Magician. For those who don't know Tempest Magician reads.

Whenthis card is synchro summoned, place a spell counter on it. Once perturn, you can discard any number of cards to place a spell counter on amonster(s) you control for each card you discarded. You can remove allspell counters on the field to inflict 500 damage to your opponent foreach one you removed.

Now the part I want to look at is this part. Once perturn, you can discard any number of cards to place a spell counter on amonster(s) you control for each card you discarded.

Now for the question, If I have Tempest Magician on the field and say a field of monsters that can receive spell counters such as Magical Exemplar, won't ever monster that can receive a spell counter receive one due to his text. You discard 1, all monster you control get a spell counter. So in theory if I discard 4 cards that means all monsters received 4 spell counters. The wording of the text is what makes this a good valid question.

http://entertainment.upperdeck.com/COMMUNITY/forums/thread/1526731.aspx

Back