Not sure what to call it

sirch1964

Don't fear da Reaper
I built this on a whim. I tried to make it a little bit trap control with field control. I also tried to get some spell removal into it. I really would appreciate any suggestions/fixes. I am thinking of trying this out soon.

Monsters: 17

Tribute: 2
Jinzo - Trap control
Mobius the Frost Monarch - Spell/Trap removal

Normal: 15
Mad Dog of Darkness x2 - 1900 atk, why not?
Chiron the Mage x2 - spell/trap removal with cost
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer - monster/grave removal
King Tiger Wanghu x2 - Keeps the small fries off the field along with their effects.
Rapid-Fire Magician - nice lp attack
Protector of the Sanctuary - draw restriction to opponent
Exiled Force - monster removal
Spirit Reaper - Field control
Night Assailant - Monster removal
Sasuke Samurai - Face down monster removal and not worry about it's effect.
Witch Doctor of Chaos - Flip effect, remove a monster from the grave
Magician of Faith - get a spell back

I guess I should explain that I feel that i get a wider variety of field and S/T control. I know it looks like a cluster but there actually is a theme to it.

Spells: 16
Premature Burial
Snatch Steal
Nobleman of Crossout - (normal spell)
Messenger of Peace
Creature Swap - (normal spell)
Poison of the Old Man
Dark Room of Nightmare
Mystical Space Typhoon
Dark Hole - (normal spell)
My Body as a Shield
Heavy Storm - (normal spell)
Soul Exchange - (normal spell)
Goblin Thief x2 - (normal spell)
Book of Taiyou - (normal spell)
United We Stand

I noted the normal spells to emphasis the usefulness of Rapid- Fire Magician in this deck. At 400 lp loss per normal spell cards, that can really add up as long as I can keep it on the field.

Traps: 9
Magic Cylinder
Statue of the Wicked
Royal Decree
Bottomless Trap Hole
Torrential Tribute
Coffin Seller
Ultimate Offering
Sakuretsu Armor
Call of the Haunted

Total: 17 + 16 + 9 = 42

Side Deck: 15
Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
King Tiger Wanghu
Asura Priest
Different Dimension Gate
Soul Release
Card Destruction
Meteor of Destruction
Curse of Darkness
Skill Drain
Royal Decree
Jar of Greed
Graverobber
Rope of Life
Dust Tornado
Compulsory Evacuation Device



I've been thinking about switching in some more normal monsters so I could use Non-Spellcasting Area effectively with this deck. As it is now, I can't put it in to save my life with all the effect cards. I was thinking of adding in like Mechanicalchaser x3 to the mix but I am not sure if that will mess this up worse than it is. Any comments?
 
this deck is kinda random. you should try and pick one or two themes and stick with them.
 
duelistmanhila said:
this deck is kinda random. you should try and pick one or two themes and stick with them.

I added some explanations to the monsters used to hopefully explain why I have them there.
 
Version 1.4


Monsters: 18
Tribute: 2

Jinzo - Trap control
Mobius the Frost Monarch - Spell/Trap removal

Normal: 16
Berserk Gorilla - Attack strength.
Mad Dog of Darkness x2 - 1900 atk, why not?
Chiron the Mage x2 - spell/trap removal with cost
Kycoo the Ghost Destroyer - monster/grave removal
Asura Priest - Pain in the _ _ _ _.
King Tiger Wanghu x2 - Keeps the small fries off the field along with their effects.
Rapid-Fire Magician - nice lp attack
Exiled Force - monster removal
Spirit Reaper - Field control
Night Assailant - Monster removal
Sasuke Samurai - Face down monster removal and not worry about it's effect.
Witch Doctor of Chaos - Flip effect, remove a monster from the grave
Magician of Faith - get a spell back

I guess I should explain that I feel that i get a wider variety of field and S/T control. I know it looks like a cluster but there actually is a theme to it.

Spells: 17
Premature Burial
Snatch Steal
Nobleman of Crossout - (normal spell)
Messenger of Peace
Creature Swap - (normal spell)
Dark Room of Nightmare
Mystical Space Typhoon
Dark Hole - (normal spell)
My Body as a Shield
Heavy Storm - (normal spell)
Soul Exchange - (normal spell)
Goblin Thief x2 - (normal spell)
Book of Taiyou - (normal spell)
United We Stand
Nobleman of Extermination - (normal spell)
The Shallow Grave - (normal spell)

I noted the normal spells to emphasis the usefulness of Rapid- Fire Magician in this deck. At 400 lp loss per normal spell cards, that can really add up as long as I can keep it on the field.

Traps: 7
Magic Cylinder
Royal Decree
Bottomless Trap Hole
Torrential Tribute
Ultimate Offering
Sakuretsu Armor
Call of the Haunted


Total: 18 + 17 + 7 = 42 - This is within the deck range that I like to use.

Side Deck: 15
Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
System Down - (normal spell)
Double Snare - (normal spell)
The Shallow Grave - (normal spell)
Nobleman of Extermination - (normal spell)
Different Dimension Gate
Soul Release - (normal spell)
Card Destruction - (normal spell)
Meteor of Destruction - (normal spell)
Skill Drain
Royal Decree
Graverobber
Rope of Life
Dust Tornado
Compulsory Evacuation Device

As far as the side deck goes, I tried to build it to suit how I like to change my deck during the game. I try to keep it flexible enough to allow me to make minor changes that will not damage the deck in any way. Please note that i do have a Skill Drain set in here for emergency use only.
 
Non-spell casting area, Coffin Seller, and Statue of the Wicked.

all arntr that great in here.

really, NSCA requires you to have alot of normal monsters if you really want it to work but curretly I only see... Is 4 which isnt that great. instead of Mechanical Chaser why not use another 1900 beatstick? or why not use some Berserk Gorilla. I know its a dirty shot, but if you think about it, The gorilla actually makes way to clearing counters on your opponents side of the field.

they will always have to counter the 2k hitter than your lower ones. and if they do they have the punishement of taking 2k damage.

Coffin Seller is a decent card, but really it just holding up space right now, you might as well go with Cease fire.

and finally Statue of the Wicked. I know it produces a token when it gets destroyed, but are you really hoping to make your opponent destroy it? and if so, wouldnt Blast with Chain be a bit better?
 
Back
Top