Skill Drain /Nitro Unit V2.0

kingpinopie

Himoura Shinta
Skill Drain

Edited for Current Meta

so nice to put the Warriors and Fiends away and bring this back out.... whew.. Ive missed this deck... if forgot how much fun it is...
This is my current build... I actually ran it this past saturday at a local tourney.. I havent been in so long it was strange at first.. but Once again when I pulled out the skill drain people seemed a bit worried..... There were a couple of duelists that I matched up with that had Gadget Decks... this build ran best against them.... as for monarchs or jinzo... fugget about it!!!... I may use this for awhile and make a push.. if it runs well enough I may go for a regionals with it....
COMMENT ON !!

Skill Drain

Monsters (19)

3- Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast
2- Chainsaw Insect
3- Goblin Elite Attack Force
3- Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei
3- Goblin Attack Force
3- Nimble Momonga
2- Exiled Force

Spells (12)

1- Graceful Charity
3- Cold Wave http://showthread.php?p=89235#
1- Dark Hole
2- Smashing Ground
1- Premature Burial
1- Snatch Steal
1- Mystical Space Typhoon
1- Heavy Storm
1- Reinforcement of the Army

Traps(12)

3- Skill Drain
1- Call of the Haunted
2- Magic Drain
2- Fake Trap
1- Ring of Destruction
http://showthread.php?p=89235# 1- Ultimate Offering
1- Mirror Force
1- Torrential Tribute

Side Deck (15)
2- Giant Trunade
2- Solemn Judgment
2- Nitro Unit
1- Double Snare (for Jinzo and Decree ( mostly decree )
1- Emergency Provisions
1- Magic Cylinder ( subs in well for TT)
2- Newdoria
1- Robbin' Zombie
3- Spiritual Earth Art - Kurogane
****Let me explain the Earth Art.... I can attack with Goblin, or Goblin Elite Attack Force, then activate Earth Art, send it to the grave, and bring out another beatstick to continue the attack with..... just my bit of recursion swarm... seems to really work well in 2nd or 3rd game as an unexpected tactic.****

<smiles /> I think he's meaning a Fake Trap to protect your Skill Drain, which is what I was going to suggest. Other than that its looking hecka sweet.

I can see the Nimble Momonga thinning, but if that doesn't work for ya, have you thought about a Newdoria in the mix? That way if something happens and a large beater (such as Giant Kozaky) starts pummelling monsters, you can sucker them into a Newdoria.

Dillie-O said:
<smiles /> I think he's meaning a Fake Trap to protect your Skill Drain, which is what I was going to suggest. Other than that its looking hecka sweet.

I can see the Nimble Momonga thinning, but if that doesn't work for ya, have you thought about a Newdoria in the mix? That way if something happens and a large beater (such as Giant Kozaky) starts pummelling monsters, you can sucker them into a Newdoria.

I Have used Fake Trap, its good tech, but I keep it sided right now... same with Newdoria.. both side decked ... I also have Prohibition for those decks that have a particular card or two that keep hurting me, such as Dust Tornado, or Decree, or Horus, ya.. those are my only real worries... well and Heavy Storm and MST.. but that is why i have Emergency Provisions... let them take my S/T field out.. i will just pre-empt it with Emergency Provisions and gain some LP anyway.. im cool with that...

Oh , and Pole Position is cool and all, but i dont want to kill my Fusilier Dragon... so ya... Im not too worried about Mobius, i have 6 monsters that are justas big or bigger and require NO TRIBUTE... plus their Mobius is worthless as long as Skill Drain is out...

Great suggestions and help... keep um coming!

I EDITED THE DECK FOR APRIL 1ST.. IT SEEMS TO KICKIN SOME BUTT, AND WITH THE SIDE DECK TO SPRING UNEXPECTED THINGS OR JUST COUNTER MY OPPONENT... IT HAS BEEN GREAT..

pLEASE CHECK IT OUT AND TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK !!!

*** oh AND I DID try out Pole Position, Fun Tech ... but it seemed to hurt me at times ...

kingpinopie said:
I have been thinking of putting Mask of Restrict into the mix, , to really bind the opponent and make it so they dont have alot of options so far as killing me goes.... what do you think??

we haven't run skill drain in a while - we were playtesting an old deck vs the gadgets trying to get them ready for orlando and were amazed at how well they worked...we always liked mask of restrict vs top heavy decks (monarchs esp)

Nice Deck Kingpinopie. I like the idea of Mask of Restrict to really take the starch out of Monarchs although once Skill Drain is out they are less of a threat.

I agree with with Lord Hades that Dark World is a big threat but they are the BANE of my existance as well and any one out there suggesting Anti-DW cards would be helping me out too.

I'm not totally crazy about <3> Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast even though you don't need to tribute and still get the full 2800 ATT i think <2> would suffice or if you don't want to lose the heavy firepower i'd lose maybe 1 of the Goblin Attack Force. I'd try to make room for <1-2> A Cat of Ill Omen seeing as you're deck is built around Skill Drain - a card or two to search it out wouldn't hurt. In a deck full of heavy-hitters a little tech monster couldn't hurt - especially when he fetches a card that makes you're other monsters world beaters.

Overall I love this deck as it's different and it counters a lot of the Current Metagame outside of Chain Strike.

<Edit> I'm becoming more enamored with this deck and i'm thinking of stealing the main idea of a Skill Drain deck. I hope you're not mad. :redface I'll be changing maybe 1/3 of the deck but the way this deck goes against the current grain is very tempting. Big Ups to you.

<Edit #2> After messing around with my own build i have to say that Majestic Mech - Goryu is a great card to mix in. <Gotta love the Trample> I'm gonna use <1> Majestic Mech - Goryu and <2> Fusilier Dragon, the Dual-Mode Beast. I also like Final Attack Orders for 2 reasons. 1) As stated above by Ricencracker keeping you're Goblin Attack Force / Indomitable Fighter Lei Lei in Attack Mode all the time is devasting early in games for you're opponent. 2) It keeps all your opponent's monsters in Attack Mode after you get Skill Drain out effectively giving all your Heavy Hitters Trample. <In my opinion what makes it Dead Sexy>

Im not really sweatin Dark World.. Ive got Cold Waves to eliminate those "well Timed"" discard effects that would help my opponents.. and in Dark World their heavy hitters are 2300 atk.... if you look Ive got 14 monsters that take that out.. and the others have effects that kill them or Help My LP and field presence anyway... It seems to eat those DWers up... My biggest prob is IF someone gets out Jinzo or Decree before I can Skill Drain the Field...... But, everyone has to have some kind of weakness... .. its people like that that make those Giant Trunades, Cold Waves, Double Snare and Smashing Grounds come in handy... ..

and then when someone decides to get TOO aggressive with those swarming type decks and find a way to keep my skill drains at bay... that is why I have Kurogane, and Nitro Unit... ooooooohhhhh what fun they are in the 2nd and 3rd game when my opponent thinks they just sided out for my build.. they add a totally unexpected swarm and LP PAIN dimension to the deck... whew...

Thanks for the props.... Im going to try out the Mask of Restrict and see how it flows.... but i dont wanna get to trap heavy ya know...

another thought... spiritual earth art kurogane is nice with the earths - but if you go dark - orcs say and fusilliers...deck devastation virus is really easy to pull off and makes a great side in ( rather wicked with recruiters & gadgets running rampant...)
one more thing - the deck screams for pierce - once you have skill drain out if your opponent cant tribute to to suicide or drop jinzo all he does is set set set....think about 1 or 2 big bang shot
nothing i like better than a monarch player who is afraid to set frog/reaper/twinheaded/apprentice etc what happens is they are forced to deal with any attack (because of loss of life) and get panicing and use all enemy controllers/saks/bth/smashing too early in game when they are used to waiting patiently to get what they need to turn the tide...

great ideas.... I think I WILL find room in the side deck as another added surprise for a couple big bang shot and a couple Deck Devastation Virus ......

I think I will keep the nitro unit tho cuz they come in so handy as an added surprise... so then they will get used to setting, and i will spriing the Bang Shots... then they get away from that to stave off the pierce and i equip their monsters with the nitros.... just like the Guiness commercials.. BRILLIANT...

Then since they will not expect it... DDV... this deck can keep them off balance all 3 games in a row... i dig it

Back