Traditional Dark World Deck

Well, that's why he posted it in the Traditional Section. Though I have to admit, the Traditional Format section hasn't see any activity in recent months. Signs of the times I guess.

Incidently, feel free to say hello in the Intro/Farewell section, Raistlin. Welcome to the forums. (Which is what you should have done, Krazy. Tsk Tsk.)

Well Raistlin is offline right now, but I'll bet you ten to one it's because this a real world deck and Imperial Order is still hard to get. But that's a good suggestion to make. Meanie. :p

What?!? since when?

we got one from a DB1 Pack, its sitting there collecting dust cause we cant use it.

not tomention when we traded off Raigeki.... man we got all the banned cards after they got banned.. its sad :(

If I went with CCC then it wouldn't be Dark World!

This Build has it's greatest effect in the Traditional environment, where Graceful Charity gives you 3 Cards, and any two Dark Worlds like Beiige, Sillva or Goldd get specialed back from the Grave.
Mirage of Nightmare allows you to Draw 4 Cards during your opponents standby, and discard 4 Dark Worlds in your Standby if things go well.
Painful Choice is awesome in that you can select all the ammo you need, so long as you have a set Forces of Darkness. Pop that card after Painful has resolved and add the 2 you really want to your hand and deal out some pain. A great deck thinner. And also Primes for Pot of Avarice effect conditions.
Get a lot of cards, dump a lot of cards they get specialled and you can still Normal summon. I love it!!
I really don't care if it wins, although that is an aim and goal of the deck. It's very nature creates a sort of adrenaline/ bungee jump tempo to the game.
I would like to see how well this fairs against Chaos and Burn.
There are not that many Traditional events in New Zealand, I will just have to play Sealed and Advanced Constructed till then.

if you play sealed and advace format constructed, then why go with a standard build?

CCC still makes chaos in traditional. surprised people pay 30-40 for both cards still.

Yeah, the Traditional Tourneys are becoming fewer and farther between even in the states. Even before the ban I went with non-traditional decks and did well with them. But I haven't played in so long I'm a little rusty about giving advise. I've gotten too used to Advance and all the idiosyncrisies that go with it. Most of our members have gone this route as well. I think yours is the first deck in this section for two to three months. I apologize if you don't get the feedback you'd ordinarily get on a larger board. It seems we've all gone Advance and didn't even realize it. :) Though if you do have an Advance Format Deck, feel free to post it too.

Oh you'll have to excuse Krazy. He plays Shaman King. :p He takes a bit of getting used to. ;)

Digital Jedi said:
Yeah, the Traditional Tourneys are becoming fewer and farther between even in the states. Even before the ban I went with non-traditional decks and did well with them. But I haven't played in so long I'm a little rusty about giving advise. I've gotten too used to Advance and all the idiosyncrisies that go with it. Most of our members have gone this route as well. I think yours is the first deck in this section for two to three months. I apologize if you don't get the feedback you'd ordinarily get on a larger board. It seems we've all gone Advance and didn't even realize it. :) Though if you do have an Advance Format Deck, feel free to post it too.

Oh you'll have to excuse Krazy. He plays Shaman King. :p He takes a bit of getting used to. ;)
Drop the Pot of Greed, Graceful Charity, Mirage of Nightmare, Painful Choice and Monster Reborn and that is my standard Dark World Deck. Although i don't have any Goldds yet, they are so close I can taste them.
After play testing dark world I can see the synergy that this deck gets in traditional is huge compared to other builds. Graceful Charity all on it's own makes this deck rock beyond Reasoning.
Hope this has helped some peoples understanding of the Dark World. I am working on the Optimum build of this Deck, I will post once I have played through it extensively

yea, but thats a darkworld deck were YOU activate all the effects.

thats not really taking full potential of Gold and Silver since their better at beign discarded by opponent card effect.

also Summoned Skull to me looks like a tribute Aggro creature.

actually you know what, this is a NO effect Dark Realm Aggro deck.

there you go. :)

krazykidpsx said:
yea, but thats a darkworld deck were YOU activate all the effects.

thats not really taking full potential of Gold and Silver since their better at beign discarded by opponent card effect.

also Summoned Skull to me looks like a tribute Aggro creature.

actually you know what, this is a NO effect Dark Realm Aggro deck.

there you go. :)
Summoned Skull for one is a Dark Fiend, it can be summoned from the grave by Premature Burial and Call of the Haunted, it is a 5 star, single tribute that beats the bejesus out of the Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys, Jinzo, Red-Eyes B. Dragon and Dark Ruler Ha Des if he gets snatched from you.
The potential for Goldd and Sillva is you can get them out offensively or defensively what ever way they are dangerous.
Why shouldn't you activate the Dark World effects?
It is a matter of finding a dek that works to each others strengths, and have effective counters to your perceived weaknessses.
If you want me to explain why everything is in there I am more than happy to explain.

you dont really need SS, okay, your right, he can "hypothetically" beat all thouse crazy 1 tribute monsters that are under him.

BUT you arnt running a single Royal Decree to save your life in this traditional deck.

not to mention, in traditional, while yes you can use reborn, pot, grace etc... it also means, that you have to go up against Torrential Tribute, Mirror Force, Ring of Destruction, etc...

most of which are cards you arnt running. not to mention Imperial Order.

while yea its fun and dandy to say, it could work, it could also go to the deep end and cause chaos for you.

easily, a deck would use Imperial Order to shut down alot of your spells. not to mention you only have 1 mass removal spell trap card, which would be Heavy Storm.

again, by that point in time you will most likely have felt the rath of a soldier pounding you to bits and pieces.

Really, dark realm in its entire was ment to be good, BUT it only gains its true potential in an enviroment were hand advantage / disadvantage measn everything.

hence, in advance it can succeed while in traditional it can fail.

try it out, i really have nothing to suggest since, i know that the image you will be facing will be something that is very hard to counter.

Dark World Lightning is an effective tool against Torrential Tribute, Ring of Destruction and Mirror Force, or Sakuretsu Armor. If they are chained, fine you don't discard. Kill them and discard for Dark World effects.
The Dark World cards can deal with a lot of situations, that you can have 3 of them and reduce other staples to keep the deck count down and maintain speed.
Summoned Skull is one of the best fiends in the whole TCG, people choose not to use him so they can run an effect monster.
This Card can suicide into Dark Magician if need be.
I could add a Mystic Plasma Zone to make life interesting.
Royal Decree is fine, but I want my traps like Dark Deal to fire so stuffing them over with that card is wasting cards and time.
The Traps need to work that is why a Jinzo killer like Summoned Skull is needed. The potential is with Dark Ruler Ha Des on the field, then the Dark World monsters swarm and take down the opposition and their effects are negated.
There is never a perfect build, and there are effective side deck options. I haven't listed my side Deck, so I can keep a few surprises in the 2nd or 3rd Duels if need be?
With Mind Crush I can take out a number of threats and the bonus is if it isn't in the hand I get to discard a Dark World monster (setting this up is crutial).
I haven't place Exchange of the Spirit in either and that is great in this deck in Advanced and Traditional, if that suits your style!?
I will not be able to prove my theory until 30 April 2006. So log in that evening and I believe I will be posting a strong result from that event.

After playing this Deck in Advanced less the banned cards of course, I had little success. As I played against other similar Dark World Decks.

The Dark World Lightning worked very well, and gave me enormous field presence in my first Duel, having to resnatch my own Sillva gave my opponent more points than I had kulled off him with my earlier field presence.
The look on his face was priceless, killed 2 Magic Cards with Dark World Lightning to Summon Sillva, Warlord of Dark World and Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World to stand next to my normal summoned Zure, Knight of Dark World. The comment was something like WTF.
I was saying the same after Sillva was snatched!
Anyway, just a little tweaking to my deck to get it purring.
I finished 8th in the December Wellington Regional.

Back