Call of the haunted

DaAmazing1

43616e20796f75206865
Ok, if Call of the Haunted is destroyed by Mystical Space Typoon in a chain does the monster still get summoned to the field? or is it like Premature Where the summon never happens....
 
The monster would never reach the field.

Chain Link 1: "Call of the Haunted"
Chain Link 2: "Mystical Space Typhoon"

Resolution:

1) "Mystical Space Typhoon" destroys "Call of the Haunted".

Since "Call of the Haunted" does not summon the targetted monster until it resolves, you would not get a monster [as in the case of "Premature Burial"].
 
That's what I thought, I had an incident where a "judge" at some local tournament ruled that the monster still would get summoned. Of coarse the monster being Jinzo.....

Then they tried to argue with me at my tournament that I didn't know what I was talking about.
 
The easiest way to explain this to others (IMO) is as follows:

Continuous Traps, Continuous Spells and Equip Spells must be face-up on the field when their effect resolves, otherwise the effect disappears.

Which brings up one of my favorite "MST vs." situations ...

- Player A activates "Swords of Revealing Light"
- Player B chains to the activation with a set "Mystical Space Typhoon", targeting Player A's "Swords of Revealing Light"

"Swords of Revealing Light" is not a Continuous Spell. It's effect is not negated by virtue of being destroyed by "Mystical Space Typhoon". Any set monsters on Player B's side of the field are still going to be flipped face-up, even though Swords is gone ...

(oh, the debate I probably just opened up - lol)
 
Back
Top