Decks Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

alan75

Ok this is just a question about the current trends in Yugioh. And how i have heard that the new band and restricted list has put a playable end to some of the better known and used decks of late i.e Lightsworn and Zombie(Well maybe change the way you have a Zombie deck laid out)My thought is why have the original decks like Spellcaster and Warrior decks seem to have been forgotten.I am sure with new releases in various packs that they could well be the next tournament winning decks. Just a thought feel free to post your thoughts.

Good Gaming.

Well, I've always felt and stated that the list will always be supportive of the most recent sets, which is why sometimes it doesn't make sense from a player's point of view. But I will say that I think Warrior got it's fair share of love for the better part of Yu-Gi-Oh!'s tenure. They might not be broken cards, but they arguably have some of the best cumulative effects and synergy of any sub-type in the game. I'd say Spellcaster has gotten it's fair share of love, too, but perhaps only in quantity and not comparative quality. Of course, a lot may have changed in the last couple of years, but that's what I've always observed.

The one thing I am liking are these Pegasus League tournaments Konami is sanctioning. They offer a lot of potential for variety and for strength in card combos you wouldn't have necessarily seen before. Now whether people will still try to force fit the standard stuff in there remains to be seen. But for folks like me, it's dream come true considering the returns you get and makes perfect sense to me from a financial point of view.

Well, I've always felt and stated that the list will always be supportive of the most recent sets, which is why sometimes it doesn't make sense from a player's point of view. But I will say that I think Warrior got it's fair share of love for the better part of Yu-Gi-Oh!'s tenure. They might not be broken cards, but they arguably have some of the best cumulative effects and synergy of any sub-type in the game. I'd say Spellcaster has gotten it's fair share of love, too, but perhaps only in quantity and not comparative quality. Of course, a lot may have changed in the last couple of years, but that's what I've always observed.

The one thing I am liking are these Pegasus League tournaments Konami is sanctioning. They offer a lot of potential for variety and for strength in card combos you wouldn't have necessarily seen before. Now whether people will still try to force fit the standard stuff in there remains to be seen. But for folks like me, it's dream come true considering the returns you get and makes perfect sense to me from a financial point of view.

I totally agree with what you have said jedi i was using the warrior and spellcaster themes just as an example.But i do like the way that the band and restricted lists put and end to the same old decks. And that it makes the players think of new and different decks till they are cut to the max when other players see how well someone else's idea is going. Now i know some people will take offence at that statement and no offence was intended i mean why mess with a good thing and i have to say that changing 1 or 2 cards doesn't make it an original idea. But with the vast ammount of cards available for players i dont understand why there arent 100 different decks and a different theme deck winning each and every tournament. O.k i'll get off my high horse...lol and there is really no offence meant.

No, you're right on. One or two cards doesn't make a CC deck original. It may alter it's playability somewhat, but it's not enough to make it a new idea. I've always said that there just aren't enough people willing to play test different stuff for there to be broader variety in the game. People will go with what works, but also with what they're sure will work. In other words, the majority will always go with the deck types that have already been play tested by many people over many years of tournament play testing.

As for why some folks get offended by that, well, I'm pretty sure there's a maturity factor at play here. It's not really anything worth getting offended at. Especially if it's true.

Now, I do like the banned and limited lists for forcing people to play something different every six months or so. You'll notice the ones who get offended by our statements are often the ones threatening to quit the game every time a list comes out. (You should have seen the Yu-Gi-Oh! boards when the ban list FIRST came out. They were declaring it the end of Yu-Gi-Oh!) But I also feel like that's an ancillary effect to the list. I still feel like the ban lists are specifically designed to make current sets more viable. That could very well be the purpose behind the Pegasus League as well. But even if it's just a business decisions, at least it's having a positive effect on deck building, so I don't mind.

People will go with what works, but also with what they're sure will work. In other words, the majority will always go with the deck types that have already been play tested by many people over many years of tournament play testing.
And because of this mentality CC players that I'm expecting monarch's to make some sort of return.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back