Fushioh's Graveyard - Enter, but be cautious...

Phew...

Believe it or believe it, this deck was lacking... a lot. It had horrible top-deck 75% of the time, and if Dezard wasn't drawn on the first turn, forget about summoning it. Naturally, I had to remove the problem. What was the problem? The following:

King of the Skull Servants and Skull Servant x3. Those 6 skulls were driving me mad. Sure, great TER bait, but you can't have 6 TER's, or 6 Metamorphosises for that matter. (Or can you? *ponder*) Anyway, they were removed for:

Ryu Kokki, Vampire Lord, Breaker the Magical Warrior, Magician of Faith, Fear from the Dark, and Last Will.

Breaker is there for Magician's Circle (helps get out Dezard like a miracle), Magician of Faith not only for spell-recursion, but to be another Spellcaster for the Circle AND for TER-bait. Who is also a Spellcaster for the Circle, may I add. Fear from the Dark was added because of the need for more Zombies, Ryu Kokki and Vampire Lord for similar reasons, and for something for Pyramid Turtle to do.

Also, the Spells and Traps were adjusted a bit. I believe I had like, Phoenix Wing Wind Blast and Compulsory Evacuation Device in there... Yeah, they're gone. Another Embodiment of Apophis and Mirror Wall were added instead, both good for Dezard. Especially Mirror Wall like you wouldn't believe. Spellwise... I don't think anything was removed per se, but Last Will was added.

At any rate, now the deck runs SO much smoother and every time Fushioh has been summoned during playtesting save ONE time, the deck has emerged victorious with Fushioh still on the field. Immunity to Spells and Traps that specifically designate takes out a huge chunk of the more commonly used ones. To name a few, Bottomless Trap Hole, Brain Control, Snatch Steal, Smashing Ground. Also, My Body as a Shield really helps keep him on the field. Flipping him face-down isn't that great of an idea, since he got NoC'd once, and that wasn't pleasant, but still. ;)

So... That was long and 99% uneeded. Enjoy?

chaos general said:
At any rate, now the deck runs SO much smoother and every time Fushioh has been summoned during playtesting save ONE time, the deck has emerged victorious with Fushioh still on the field. Immunity to Spells and Traps that specifically designate takes out a huge chunk of the more commonly used ones. To name a few, Bottomless Trap Hole, Brain Control, Snatch Steal, Smashing Ground. Also, My Body as a Shield really helps keep him on the field. Flipping him face-down isn't that great of an idea, since he got NoC'd once, and that wasn't pleasant, but still. ;)

Chaos General? You are making a mistake here: BTH and Smashing Ground DON'T target.

I must express my concerns here: You don't have anything to DO with richie. Seriously, get some regenerating mummies (x3) and a third Great Dezard. Lose lacooda, tower, and fear for the mummies, and maybe... just add the third dezard... You can afford a 41 card deck with all your thinning and draw power... Anyway, what I'm getting at is PUT SOME BEATDOWN IN HERE. Why have reccurring zombies if they are weak?

-pssvr
EDITED to remove horrible spelling errors

You know, because a 2600/2900 untargetable swarm maker isn't REALLY beatdown...

I really think Creature Swap would do well in here. I could see swapping a turtle, hitting with the Zard, grabbing another Zombie, and beating face even more. I also think that 16 monsters (two of which are pretty useless unless you have Zard at two kills) just isn't enough in the current format. Consider adding more spellcasters (Skilled Darks maybe) to help trigger that Magicians Circle.

kagadesires said:
You know, because a 2600/2900 untargetable swarm maker isn't REALLY beatdown...

I really think Creature Swap would do well in here. I could see swapping a turtle, hitting with the Zard, grabbing another Zombie, and beating face even more. I also think that 16 monsters (two of which are pretty useless unless you have Zard at two kills) just isn't enough in the current format. Consider adding more spellcasters (Skilled Darks maybe) to help trigger that Magicians Circle.
Of course it's beatdown. But you need to abuse the reccurring effect as much as possible, which this deck is not doing properly.

-pssvr

pssvr said:
Of course it's beatdown. But you need to abuse the reccurring effect as much as possible, which this deck is not doing properly.
Yes, well.... Sorry it's not up to par with your standards. Either way, Fear from the Dark is better than Regenerating Mummy effect-wise. My focus wasn't beatdown at all. It was abusing Card of Safe Return and Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower. ;)

Kagadesires said:
I could've sworn that I had Creature Swap in here. I guess I need to proofread my decklists? Lol...

I was thinking about more Spellcasters, and that's really a good idea. I'm glad you suggested some for me. I'm sure that a few Skilled Darks wouldn't hurt at all. Or at least, I hope they don't. If you think 16 monsters isn't enough, I can change it, definately. But remember, Apophis is technically a monster ;).

I'll toy around with adding Skilled Darks, maybe even a Regenerating Mummy, and see how that works out. While I'm at it, Mystic Plasma Zone - Good idea?

Up to par with my standards? Since when was it a crime to help rate/fix decks on the rate/fix decks board? Seriously, I just thought that if you were gonna use Fushioh Richie, you should try to get as much out of him as possible. And people think I'm rude...

-pssvr

pssvr said:
Up to par with my standards? Since when was it a crime to help rate/fix decks on the rate/fix decks board? Seriously, I just thought that if you were gonna use Fushioh Richie, you should try to get as much out of him as possible. And people think I'm rude...

-pssvr
Now, now, let's not get testy. We're all friends here.

It's not that I don't like the idea of having Fushioh on the field and abusing him. That's the ideal situation, obviously. The problem is getting him out on the field. It's harder to use Dezard's effect than you think it is. Well, unless you've tried a Fushioh deck before. What I don't like about Dezard is that he depends too much on your opponent's cards, and using other cards to help trigger his effect can be a waste of resources. The best one would be Ojama Trio, but there's no room in here for that. More often than not, the monsters on the field are either a) too strong for Dezard to destroy or b) non-existant.

The second thing about Dezard is that he's not a Zombie and is a 6-star monster. Magician's Circle has been a great way to get him out, but it doesn't always work. If I was topdecking and had Call of the Mummy on the field, Dezard would be the worst card to draw, whereas any zombie monster (or 4-star and lower monster) that I drew wouldn't.

As far as a beatdown theme - it isn't necessary, I don't think. Also, flipping Fushioh face-down can be uber-dangerous. When he's face-down, a plethora of cards can eliminate him, like Nobleman of Crossout, Mystic Swordsman LV2, etc. Sometimes, it isn't worth the risk. I would like to incorporate more zombies, no doubt, but there just aren't any that I like too much. Regenerating Mummy is pointless compared to Fear, and all of the others follow suit.

And not all of the zombies are weak... Vampire Lord, Ryu Kokki , and Spirit Reaper are some of the best out there, if not the best. '_';;

Ok. But see, you don't leave him face down during your opponents turns, you flip him down and then right back up again, so that he and the monster you summoned can both attack. And as for making the Great Dezard work, try Mirror Wall in triplicate. Summon dezard, kill their monster, set the wall. Opponent's turn, he/she cannot target dezard, and so opts to kill it in battle. That's when you spring Mirror Wall, and another one bites the dust. Now, next turn you can bust out richie.

-pssvr

Are you sure that's how Fushioh's effect works? Can I flip him face-down then back up in the same turn?

Then again... I never did understand the new position change ruling. That could be a problem. :D

pssvr said:
Yes, that is part of the new rulings, and why suddenly he is seeing play.

-pssvr
Well I'll be... That changes like, my whole perspective toward playing Fushioh. I guess I really better pay attention to these things, huh? ^.^;;

Back