future fusion question....

hachura16

ok i have SOOOOOO many problems with this card but my main one is if "spirit on the nightmare" can be summoned with "future fusion" sense he cant be targeted by magic cards........ idk ive read the rules and it says effects like that monsters is whenever its on the field since its a continueis effect, but its not the field when its furtue fusion if activated, but then would it be destroyed whensummoned?

i need some help people! help me before my head explodes with an headache!!!!!

the new, but cute, member of city of gamers

hachura

DarkLogicianOfCaos said:
So, okay....You play Future Fusion and "select" 1 Chimeratech then you use overload to bring that same Chimeratech to the field, thus destroying the aforementioned Future Fusion. Why is Chimeratech (aka "that card") not destroyed by the effect of Future Fusion?
Yet again, Chimeratech Overdragon doesn't destroy cards, unless it's by battle.

Future Fusion only applies its "remove me, destroy him" effect to a Fusion Monster that it Fusion Summons. If that monster comes out another way in the meantime, it doesn't apply.

DarkLogicianOfCaos said:
So, okay....You play Future Fusion and "select" 1 Chimeratech then you use overload to bring that same Chimeratech to the field, thus destroying the aforementioned Future Fusion. Why is Chimeratech (aka "that card") not destroyed by the effect of Future Fusion?

Future Fusion
Continuous Spell
Send, from your Deck to the Graveyard, Fusion Material Monsters that are listed on a Fusion Monster Card, and select that 1 Fusion Monster from your Fusion Deck. Special Summon the selected Fusion Monster during your 2nd Standby Phase after this card's activation. (This Special Summon is treated as a Fusion Summon.) When this card is removed from the field, destroy that monster. When the monster is destroyed, destroy this card.

Because the link was severed when Chimeratech was special summoned by Overload. For a clear example:
I activate Premature Burial and target my Cyber Dragon in my graveyard.
My opponent chains Mystical Space Typhoon and Targets my Premature Burial.
I chain my set Call of the Haunted selecting the same Cyber Dragon.

When the chain resolves Call of the Haunted brings back Cyber Dragon, MST destroys Premature Burial, but Premature Burial doesn't destroy Cyber Dragon because it didn't bring Cyber Dragon out by it's effect.

The difference here, though is that premature says "destroy the equipped monster" and your Cyber Dragon was never equipped. With Future Fusion, I would assume that it is similar to Call of the Haunted, in that it is not equipped, but is "attached" to the monster in relevence to it's destructive effect. I suppose a more acurate (although illegal due to limitedness of Call) would be to say that you use Call of the Haunted (#1) to attempt to summon Cyber Dragon from the Graveyard, your opponent chains MST, targeting your Call (#1) and you chain a second Call of the Haunted (#2) to the same Cyber Dragon. According to the above (if you were able to have two Calls), Call #2 would resolve and bring said Cyber Dragon (still the target of Call #1) to the field, MST would destroy Call #1, BUT, because Call #1 never summoned Cyber, and even though the targeted Cyber is currently on the field (thereby destroyable-wherein it would not be destroyable if it were still in the Graveyard), it is STILL not destroyed by Call#1's effect, right??

Back