Sleeves for Extra Deck Opinion and Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

cameron2010

I have not posted a thread on this site for a very long time now. Anyway I am back, and have a post concerning sleeves.

According to what I was told the sleeves in a deck (usually 40 cards or more), the sleeves in the deck must be the same and uniform in texture, so as to not tell the identity of cards.

My question is does the same thing apply to the Extra Deck as well. Should the cards in an Extra Deck be the same as the Main Deck? Would having cards sleeves in the Extra Deck the same as that of the Main Deck, be a possible way of mixing up extra deck cards in your main deck.

If the cards sleeves in the Extra Deck, are different from the main deck then what advantages or disadvantages are likely to occur?

Please tell me what you think, and what you think is the best solution.

As far as know, the sleeves for the Extra Deck don't really matter. In fact, I'm thinking it's probably preferred that they be different from the Main Deck so you don't accidentally shuffle them in when matches are over. That way, if you accidentally still do, it's easy to tell just by looking at the side of the Deck and you can catch it before you go to the next round.

Since you never play from the Extra Deck, you just search it, I don't think the sleeves in that deck matter one way or the other. But you can always check with local judges at whatever even your playing at to see what they think.

I've been to many tournaments and every card in the extra deck has had different sleeves(except multiple copies of the same card they've had the same design) and it haven't been questioned other then people wanting to know where I got the sleeves from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back