Status
Not open for further replies.

ygo doc

I was at a local Wal-Mart today and saw a Deluxe Duel package that had:

1 Blaze of Destruction Structure Deck
1 Fury of the Deep Structure Deck
2 Holo cards
2 "Deluxe" Playmats

The picture on the back had a picture of the mats which look like a truncated version of the "Fire and Ice" judge mat, but you couldn't tell if these were paper or what.

Anybody buy one of these packages? What are the extra holo cards and what are the "deluxe mats" like?

doc

I don't know about this one, but a while back I picked up a similar pack with the Zombie and Dragon structures. The Holos, if memory serves me correctly, were Rope of Life and Armed Dragon LV7. It came with a Zombie playmat. It was paper, but stronger stuff than the others. Sounds weird but it seemed a little fiberous. It has lasted quite a few months now.

Although the one I bought showed the Holo cards through the front plastic. Hopefully they aren't stuffing any more sphinxs into it. I would be real upset if I pulled another Theinen the Great Sphinx out of this....

Really!?!?!

I had the information about those cards over a year ago, but UDE never released that set. Now I can't find what SD3-ENDE1 and SD4-ENDE1 where supposed to be! Maybe I've got that in a backup somewhere....

Suffice it to say that as far as I know, yes it's a real thing, and it should have 2 SCR versions of cards from the Structure Deck's "Let's Power Up This Deck!" section.

edit: This turned out not to be true :crying

Hmmmm....Netrep shows Rope of Life and AD LV7 as being in the Deluxe Edition (SD2-ENDE1 for Rope), but nothing is listed yet for the Deluxe Editions in the Fire or Water Structure sections.

MightyDingo said:
Hmmmm....Netrepâ„¢ shows Rope of Life and AD LV7 as being in the Deluxe Edition (SD2-ENDE1 for Rope), but nothing is listed yet for the Deluxe Editions in the Fire or Water Structure sections.

djp952 said:
I had the information about those cards over a year ago, but UDE never released that set. Now I can't find what SD3-ENDE1 and SD4-ENDE1 where supposed to be! Maybe I've got that in a backup somewhere....

Hence the reason it's not there :D

i saw it too but i wasnt sure whether i should have gotten it or not...maybe the water one was abyss soldier or something..that would have been AWESOME...coz i need some..-_-...

edit: i also saw them selling individual 5 Headed Dragons with 15 cards included...

Inuyasha_Riku said:
i saw it too but i wasnt sure whether i should have gotten it or not...maybe the water one was abyss soldier or something..that would have been AWESOME...coz i need some..-_-...

edit: i also saw them selling individual 5 Headed Dragons with 15 cards included...
Abyss Soldier is a videogame Promo Card. You aren't going to get that from a Deluxe Pack.

Inuyasha_Riku said:

My local WM didn't have them. Bummer.

skey23 said:
Didn't the first Deluxe thingy actually have pictures of the 2 promo cards on the front?
Yeah, I picked it up mainly for the Secret AD LV7 on the front. Funny they aren't doing the same thing with this one.

Suffice it to say that as far as I know, yes it's a real thing, and it should have 2 SCR versions of cards from the Structure Deck's "Let's Power Up This Deck!" section.
I never picked up either of these SD's.(This seems like a good chance. ;) ) Anybody know what the suggested Power Up cards were? We can narrow down the field....

But of course!

Fury from the Deep:

Neo Aqua Madoor (no)
Penalty Game (no)
Eria the Water Charmer (nah)
Gift of the Marytr (no)
Brain Control (prolly not)
Royal Surrender (yeah right)
Giga Gagagigo (hmmmmm)
Cannonball Spear Shellfish (no)
Level Limit - Area B (not likely)

and my guess .... Orca Mega-Fortress of Darkness

Blaze of Destruction:

Terraforming
Vengeful Bog Spirit
Woodborg Inpachi
Monster Reincarnation
A-Team Trap Disposal Unit
Divine Wrath
Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys
Lightning Vortex
Deck Devastation Virus
Flame Ruler

But ... none of these are ringing a bell, including Orca Mega. Perhaps I'm wrong and they weren't from the inserts. Oh well!

For some reason I'm thinking Lava Golem for the fire one. Or, I know Thestalos already came with it, but it's standing out in my mind too. Bah. I type in too many card texts .. they're all a blur!!

The cards are Acid Rain and Toon Goblin Attack Force (The Duelist League versions). I was hoping at least the Ocean deck would have the correct text on Ocean Dragon Lord but the decks were both 1st Edition (bummer).

anthonyj said:
The cards are Acid Rain and Toon Goblin Attack Force (The Duelist League versions). I was hoping at least the Ocean deck would have the correct text on Ocean Dragon Lord but the decks were both 1st Edition (bummer).

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's not the thing I was thinking it was. Well crud. Another strike against ... ah, I've ranted enough tonight :)

I am about to recind my offers, though. Certainly don't need any more of those guys!!

Thank you so much for checking it out. If you bought it on the mere speculation of what I've said in this thread, PM me. roadhouse ... if you actually did buy one for me, I will still of course pay you for it. I stand by my words! (But you'll still have to send it to me, too!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back