You know you spend too much time in YuGiOh! when....

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLogicianOfCaos

Eschew Obfuscation
Taking my kids to school, along with the regular Yellow school buses, I saw one painted White and, before I could catch myself, yell, "Hey look, it's a Synchro bus!"

The rest of the ride I spent explaining the new YGO Synchro card color scheme!

You know you've spent too much time in Yugioh when you forget if you chose your avatar because there were some similarities or your avatar embodied you... 8^D

If you set your face cards in the Spell/Trap Zone, and your playing Gin Rummy...You might be a Yu-Gi-Oh! Geek.

If you spell Yu-Gi-Oh! correctly everytime, including dashes and the exclamation point, you might be a Yu-Gi-Oh! Geek.

If you start a comic about Yu-Gi-Oh! that you never finish....

I was announcing the start of a tournament and actually started to say "let's get your game on!" Fortunately, I stopped myself at "your", paused and recovered with "...tournament started!" That was too close!

When you're playing any given multiplayer take-turns computer game with one or more friends, and when you get the controller you think (or worse, say), "Ore no taahn!".

You know you're a Yugioh geek when....
...You book family vacations around times when regionals or Jumps are NOT occurring.
...the first aisle you stop in at Walmart when grocery shopping is where they have the Yugioh cards
...instead of renting videos, you watch Unabridged
...you book your business hotel stay around what local tournaments exist in the area. I'm here in NJ and the first thing I did before-hand was see where the local tourneys were held and how long it would take to get to them.

Dude, that is sooo true!! I've done all of those (except the unabridged).

I've even called up relatives (who know nothing of YuGiOh!) and had them drive to a local store in their state to buy a card(s) for me. Yeah, sick huh?

Oh, you know you spend too much time in YuGiOh! when you start adding (s) to things like "to buy a card(s)". I also have caught myself capitolizing certain nouns, like Monster or Tribute. My computer's auto-correct no longer picks these up; or things like "tributing".

Or, you find yourself making comments that are hilarious to you and completely ambiguous to everyone else.

My wife burns dinner: "It's like something out of H.P. Lovecraft. Only gay!"
You going over the rule book for a new board game: "Screw the rules I have green hair!"
Every political commercial you end narrate with "In America."

No one understands me as it is. I'm sure this isn't helping.

Or, you find yourself making comments that are hilarious to you and completely ambiguous to everyone else.

My wife burns dinner: "It's like something out of H.P. Lovecraft. Only gay!"
You going over the rule book for a new board game: "Screw the rules I have green hair!"
Every political commercial you end narrate with "In America."

No one understands me as it is. I'm sure this isn't helping.
I think that's a sign that you've been watching too much Abridged.

No, not that. There's no such thing as "too much Abridged".

I do the quotes too. Not often out loud, mind you, but they're going strong in my head. Usually: "This tournament is simply fabulous!" I love Pegasus's voice.

See how many times you can make "Ancient Egyptian Laser Beams" fit into a conversation. You'd be surprised.

Ancient Egyptian Laser Beams were of course the former standard, to which everything else was compared. Sliced bread itself was often described as the best thing since Ancient Egyptian Laser Beams.

Who else has suggested the dare, in a game of Truth Or Dare (or whatever you yanks call it), of having to say "...in America!" at the end of every sentence? Actually, I haven't, but the next time I'm involved in a game I'll suggest it.

Actually, I haven't, but the next time I'm involved in a game I'll suggest it.
....in America!

Seriously....you know you're playing YuGiOh! too much, when they announce that 10% of your company personel are going to be "reduced" based on priority (and you are "support") and you smile over at the guy sitting next to you, who says, "what are you smiling about, we could both be out of a job next week and my 401K and 203B have tanked," and you reply, "Because I don't have either of those, I put all my money into YuGiOh! cards....I'm set for the next 6 months!"

Actually happened today at our all-staff "breakfast with the President".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back