behemoth king of all animals and wandering mummy

exiledforcefreak

RIP Jacob KT 2/16/06
Quote:
UDE FAQ is quoted to have said:
If you Tribute Set "Behemoth the King of All Animals" with 1 Tribute, its ATK will only be 2000 points when flipped face-up. However, once it is face-up, if it is flipped face-down again, the effect is reset and its ATK becomes 2700 points.

ok, so lets say I tribute set Behemoth King of all Animals by tributing 1 monster. Next turn I tribute set ANOTHER behemoth king of all animals tributing two monsters (leaving the original behemoth king of all animals on the field). Now i use the effect of wandering mummy...

where do I go from here?

exiledforcefreak said:
you you just flip a coin to determine which one is which when it becomes relevent... it's not like there is a differance...
Sure there is. The one with the attack decrease wont increase its ATK if it does battle and is flipped face-up in the Damage Step (it has to be re-flipped face-down and back up again to reset the effect), and because each monster has a designated Zone, if the affected one moves from Zone 1 to Zone 3 by Wandering Mummy's effect, it is STILL the affected one, so you could just as easily have a monster like Cyber Dragon attack it, and you activate Waboku to save it, and then state that it is the "2700" Behemoth, just in case your opponent has Torrential Tribute face-down, and you don't want to take the chance of Flip Summoning the "real" 2700 Behemoth.

That's why it makes a difference.

you could just as easily have a monster like Cyber Dragon attack it, and you activate Waboku to save it, and then state that it is the "2700" Behemoth,
Fallacy of Straw Man. He suggested flipping a coin to determine which is which. You're attacking the idea of just CHOOSING which is which. There is, of course, a tremendous difference.

Jason_C said:
Fallacy of Straw Man. He suggested flipping a coin to determine which is which. You're attacking the idea of just CHOOSING which is which. There is, of course, a tremendous difference.
But you are choosing to toss out the fact that the game has a structure.

You have 5 "numbered" monster Zones. If you move affected Behemoth to Zone 5, he is still the affected Behemoth. Nothing can change that except cheating.

If the non-affected Behemoth is changed to Zone 2, he is still the 2700 Behemoth, and no "Coin Flip" is going to change him either, unless you are cheating.

As the controller of both monsters, it is entirely within your power to remember which monster is which. If you choose to play without the cheesy playmat (or a numbered and zoned playmat, period) that comes with the Starter/Structure Decks, then that is your choice. And, if you wish to cheat in order to manipulate the game in your favor, then you are also welcome to join the Ranks of the Suspended.

This doesnt have to be hard. You are only making it that way by not choosing to do the right thing in the absence of a reason "to do it". The reason is covered in the Tournament Policy, and yes, it is called "Cheating". There is no reference to flip a coin in anything other than an effect that requires a Coin Flip, or to choose who goes first in a Duel. NOT to decide if a monster you should know full well what its stats are; "IS", between a choice of two or more monsters.

You are only making it that way by not choosing to do the right thing in the absence of a reason "to do it".
I WAS choosing not to do it in the absence of a reason to do it AND with the reason not to do it that doing it verges on marking cards, since there is a chance that one could determine which was which even while they were face down (cards being raised slightly off the table, etc.)

Now that I have been given a reason to do it - Tournament Policy - I can no longer hold what I had stated as a valid point.

So legally in a duel I can't use my way. But can I still like my way better?:p

Jason_C said:
I WAS choosing not to do it in the absence of a reason to do it AND with the reason not to do it that doing it verges on marking cards, since there is a chance that one could determine which was which even while they were face down (cards being raised slightly off the table, etc.)

Now that I have been given a reason to do it - Tournament Policy - I can no longer hold what I had stated as a valid point.

So legally in a duel I can't use my way. But can I still like my way better?:p
You can certainly like your way better. Even I would like to be able to resolve it that way, but, I think that would only work if you are at home, playing someone you really dont want to lose to..... lol ;)

Back