Official Cyber Stein Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember, it isn't about playability, it's about scarcity. No one is buying this card to play with it. That would be insane!

yeah i know that still whats the glory of having a card that is not even good.even if there are only 2 of them.Only bidding on it its insane maybe it will go over 50k with that you can buy a car :argh:

Hmm, does anyone know what the prices are for a VS pro circuit?

I think that YGO has just proved that our prizes can help more than VS :wink:

I don't believe this! Everyone, I've got big news. It turns out the Cyber-Stein on the auction is actually a fake and the real one has been hidden somewhere!

...Ok, so that's not really true :)

Deathjester said:
I don't believe this! Everyone, I've got big news. It turns out the Cyber-Stein on the auction is actually a fake and the real one has been hidden somewhere!

...Ok, so that's not really true :)

LOL

I wish :roll:

And to capitalize on things...

I guy I know here listed his Japanese Common Print "Cyber-Stein" (and mentioned it was the Japanese version of the card).

Last month it would have gone for $5 max on a great day

Currently: $200

Un-FREAKING-believable.

- A

densetsu_x said:
And to capitalize on things...

I guy I know here listed his Japanese Common Print "Cyber-Stein" (and mentioned it was the Japanese version of the card).

Last month it would have gone for $5 max on a great day

Currently: $200

Un-FREAKING-believable.

- A

Yes, I also noticed that!

The thing I like is that he used the picture of the English one...hopefully no one got confused :wink:

When the winner gets his Cyber-Stein I wonder what noise he would make if it slipped out of his hands and got bent / ruined? :-o

or if it gets lost in the mail, and ends up at my door step instaid..... Muhahahahahaha!!!!!  (Hey it could happen),  Also theres this one person at my local tournament saying that he's going to bid on cyber stein until he gets it.  He's VERY rich and I wouldn't be surprized it he actually won it...

the.wise.duelist said:
or if it gets lost in the mail, and ends up at my door step instaid..... Muhahahahahaha!!!!!  (Hey it could happen),  Also theres this one person at my local tournament saying that he's going to bid on cyber stein until he gets it.  He's VERY rich and I wouldn't be surprized it he actually won it...

Has he been one of the current high bidders?

no, he said that he's going to wait until the very last few hours to bid, and He said he will go as high as $300,000!!! So if he just plain out bids 300,000 in the bid box at the bottom he will win unless someone else wants to go higher!!

the.wise.duelist said:
no, he said that he's going to wait until the very last few hours to bid, and He said he will go as high as $300,000!!!  So if he just plain out bids 300,000 in the bid box at the bottom he will win unless someone else wants to go higher!!

All I have to say to that is that he darn well better get himself on an airplane and go get it personally for that kind of cash. Blow an extra $100 on a steel spy case with the handcuff and everything. Armed guards, helicopters, the works.

The lunacy surrounding this card is beginning to make me lose what remaining faith I had in the human race :cry:

$300,000 buys a heck of a lot of supplies for "Habitat for Humanity". And it would be tax-deductible to boot. It would also buy close to FOUR HUNDRED THOUSAND cans of soup. Just food for thought, being the holday season and all.

The economist in me wants to point out that while the individual is going to spend $23.1K this is not expending resources from society's point of view.  A will merely (!) swap the money and the card with B (view it as a creature swap).  B is still free to donate the money to charity and take a tax deduction.  On another note, the price momentum has slowed to a crawl.  We probably aren't going to break $30K.

djp952, you know I was going to say the exact same thing. But then something hit me... if this guy is so rich that he can do this, he probably has a lot more money left over. For all we know, he could be making 300K donations every year to charities.

Also consider that the winner of this money may also choose to donate some of it to charity. 300K is a lot of money. That's probably one of the first things they would think of.

And even if neither thing happened, there's nothing stopping any one of us from making our own donations. While we probably don't have 300K, if every one of us made even a small contribution, we would be helping a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back