The Simple Texts Project

Your edit has been rejected because your client mangled the punctuation characters in the edit token. The edit has been rejected to prevent corruption of the page text. This sometimes happens when you are using a buggy web-based anonymous proxy service.
That's the message I get when I try to submit an edit. I can preview an edit just fine, but it won't let me post one. I have no idea what that error message means.

Yes, I'm logged in now, by the way.

Might have something to do with the server move we just made when I upgraded my hosting account. I'm checking to see if I can get this fixed.

Just as a heads up, we have one other minor bug. If you log out of the forum or the wiki, you need to log out of the wiki again to be logged out of the wiki. Not sure why that is, but I'll look into it too.

On the topic of Harpy Ladies, Red Eyes, Glad Beasts, Frogs, etc.

Hi there. I see you're mainly talking about the wiki here, now but I had a thought on the subject of monsters whose names are "treated as" something else. I also play Magic, and felt that the typing system in that would be a much better idea. The monsters could keep their current types, but also have a "group" or "family" type, which states which "group" they belong to. So for example, Harpie Lady 1 would have the following type line:
[WINGED BEAST/EFFECT] - HARPIE LADY

And then effects could ask for harpie lady monsters, rather than monsters that have "Harpie Lady" in their name. This would also stop problems such as Hundred Eyes Dragon being considered a Red Eyes, as their group name would be different.

Back